1. Be nice and treat people with respect. Keep discussions civil and be open-minded about differing opinions. Additionally, refrain from using foul language.
2. Threads and posts that solicit upvotes will be deleted.
3. Off-topic conversations are to be kept to the designated Off-Topic thread. And as for off-topic conversation within individual threads, they are allowed as long as it happens at least semi-organically. A moderator will intervene if it isn’t or if the conversation is too off-topic.
4. Impersonation of other users or famous people will not be tolerated. If you have been banned and return on a new account, your posts will be deleted and your new account(s) will be banned.
5. Spamming, trolling, or vandalizing of any kind will be deleted and will lead to your account being banned. Always remain respectful of other users and their opinions. You may post up to three threads in a day but must wait at least an hour between posting. This is to prevent cluttering.
6. Complaints about other wikis and their staff are strictly prohibited.
7. Spamming match ups is not allowed.
8. Fanfiction is allowed, but it must be Marvel media-based. No Star Wars, no DC, no Avatar, etc.
9. Suggesting piracy will result in a ban. No exceptions. We should support the industry by buying our comics legally, either digitally or physically.
10. No political or sensitive religious debates. They lead to pointless back and forth bickering. We have enough of that here.
11. Don’t be lazy. If you have a question that could potentially be easily answered by looking it up on the Wiki or just by going through the internet, go that route. The discussions forum is not your personal information hub, nor do we have to answer your questions. We will or will not answer you at our discretion, if you really need to know and can’t look it up.
12. Posts asking “Which is better: Marvel or DC” are banned. Both have their ups and their downs. If you want good stories, read from both companies, or other publishers like Image and Dark Horse.
13. Posts older than 5 days are considered “finished”. Commenting will result in the thread being locked and a warning from the moderators. If you really want to add something, make a new one, link the old one, and add what you want to add.
14. Polls, as of July 8th 2019, are banned. They provide almost no discussion, limited interaction between users, and the polls themselves do nothing. The exceptions are Fandom Staff, admins, and moderators, and mods can only post polls after clearing with other mods.
15. Posts must encourage meaningful discussion and solicit response from other users. “Meaningful discussion” is characterized as thought- provoking, insightful and conducive to the expression of others’ opinions/ ideas.
Recommendation: Include questions in your post. Ask for feedback, thoughts, contrary opinions, etc. Without an inquiry, posts are unlikely to generate meaningful discussion. The more focused the questions, the better.
1) Simply posting a meme, joke, pun or any other static material does not qualify as meaningful discussion. This community is grounded in interaction and user connection, not one-way exhibition.
2) Educational posts are always welcomed! Posts in this category actively seek to explain or raise awareness to characters, events, etc. Feedback is inherent to learning, thus educational posts naturally insight some level of discussion and are acceptable.
Posts that do not adhere to the aforementioned disclaimers or fail to qualify as “meaningful discussion” as defined above are subject to immediate lock down or deletion. A warning MAY be provided, but it is NOT REQUIRED prior to post termination.
And if your post, whatever it was about, was deleted. Do not repost it again, as it was deleted for a reason. If you have a complaint, follow this link: https://marvel.fandom.com/f/p/3343172654596278338
16. Posts that self-promote/publicise yours or other’s activities will be locked once with a warning, then each post subsequently deleted for every infringement. You may link them in your bio and post them in the Off-Topic thread, but you cannot make a new post for them or post them in any thread that isn't the off-topic one.
17. Ask for help. Notice something that doesn't seem right? Or do you just have a question? Contact Fandom staff through "Give feedback" on the Settings screen.