- Thou lovest nothing so well as that minxy little bard thou shadoweth like the specter of her own death. If you are so careworn for her well-being, then know and tremble -- Before thou hast killed three more of my --ha-- Faustians... thy sweet, sly Serah shall be nothing but ash and bone.
- -- Enchantress
Appearing in "Part One, In Which Wicked Somethings This Way Come"
- Sister Angela of the Holy Order (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Lady Serah Anchorton (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Enchantress (First appearance)
- King James (Only appearance) (Apparent death)
- Captain James Barnes of Clan Buchanan (Only appearance; dies)
- Anna Maria (First appearance) (Unnamed) (Shadow only)
- Lord Essex (First appearance)
- God Emperor Doom (Victor von Doom) (Mentioned)
- M.O.D.O.K. (Corpse)
- King Charles the First (Mentioned)
- Ben Jonson (First appearance)
- Thomas Dekker (First appearance)
- William Shakespeare (Mentioned)
- John Spenser (First appearance)
- Kit Marlowe (First appearance)
- Benjamin Urich (First appearance)
- Holy Order (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Mother Abbess (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Swarm (Mentioned)
- Lady Istu Ogun (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Earth-15513 (Main story and flashback)
- Battleworld (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "Part One, In Which Wicked Somethings This Way Come"
At Windsor Castle in King James' England, Sister Angela and Lady Serah demand that Lord Essex allow them audience with King James. Having hunted the Witchbreed to near extinction, they have come for one last target, King James himself. Angela strikes him down, but he rises again, enraged and bone claws extended. She then skewers him upon her spear and drowns him in the River Thames.
The pair of Witch Hunters next travel to the Mermaid Tavern in London, stalking a new kind of prey, Faustians. After some mingling, Serah fixes upon their target, Captain James Barnes of Clan Buchanan, wanted for the seduction and unnatural murder of Lady Istu Ogun, and Angela promptly beheads him. He too rises again, this time the Faustian transforming into a demonic monstrosity of jointed limbs and teeth.
A fight ensues, though ultimately the Witch Hunters overpower Barnes, forcing him to summon his maker, the Leader of the Wild Hunt, the Bride of the Faerie King, the Enchantress. Enchantress attempts to convince Angela to turn a blind eye to her dealings, but when the latter refuses, the former promises her that before she's killed three more Faustians, Serah will die.
• In the altered realms of BATTLEWORLD, Angela and Sera are WITCH HUNTERS, the scourges of King James’ England, 1602.
• In a land beset by magic and monstrosity, they seek a new and seductive evil—not witchbreed, but deal-making FAUSTIANS, who bargain with ancient creatures for unnatural power!
• Moral ambiguity? Fancy allusions? Marguerite making the most of that English degree?
• tl;dr – try 1602 WITCH HUNTER ANGELA #1!
- Rather than the previously seen King James I from Earth-311, here James Howlett is king.
- Lord Javier is called Charles instead of Carlos.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss 1602 Witch Hunter Angela Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 19 Image(s) from 1602 Witch Hunter Angela Vol 1 1
- 1 Reprints of 1602 Witch Hunter Angela Vol 1 1
|Like this? Let us know!|