Appearing in 1st story
- Force Works
- M.O.D.O.K. / UltiM.O.D.O.K. (George Tarleton) (First appearance as UltiM.O.D.O.K.)
- Ultimo (Apparent death)
- Humpty Dumpty (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Nick Fury (Mentioned)
- Poseidon (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Mentioned)
- U.S. Government (Referenced)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Hell (Invoked)
- Mockingbird's Suit and Battle Staves
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Uniforms
- Quake's Gauntlets
- U.S. Agent's Shield
- War Machine Armor Model 8
- Arc Reactor
- Subatomic Outgoing Broad-Isotope Gun (First appearance)
Synopsis for 1st story
M.O.D.O.K. retrieves from his bunker base in Lingares a Subatomic Outgoing Broad-Isotope Gun to equip into War Machine's armor, which is a device designed by M.O.D.O.K. using the radioactive signature of the nuclear blast that had been detonated on the island against Ultimo that can damage him. When Quake uses her powers to attract the giant's attention, he is accompanied by the army of Deathloks, and Force Works fight them while Rhodes engages Ultimo.
During the fight, a Deathlook reveals M.O.D.O.K. had created them to capture Ultimo, but they turned against him since they decided to embrace the robot revolution. Rhodey blasts Ultimo's head off with the isotope gun, draining his armor's battery. Before Mockingbird can warn him about M.O.D.O.K.'s ulterior motive, the villain takes control of Ultimo's body, dubbing himself UltiM.O.D.O.K. Force Works retreats into the bunker and are besieged by UltiM.O.D.O.K., who gloats about having been the reason why Ultimo woke up from his slumber in Lignaers' caverns in the first place.
Rhodey uses a generator inside the bunker to jump-start his armor and gives it to Quake to distract UltiM.O.D.O.K. and stall him until it's fully charged. Meanwhile, Mockingbird scours through a computer in the bunker to retrieve files on the creation of the Deathloks on Maria Hill's orders, to Rhodey's chagrin. The Deathloks breach into the bunker, and UltiM.O.D.O.K. strikes down Quake before the armor is fully charged. Daisy opens a rift in the ground to swallow UltiM.O.D.O.K. into the magma beneath, but he manages to avoid falling. Fore Works arrive with the Deathloks under control, with Rhodey having partially turned himself into a Deathlok to control them. They strike UltiM.O.D.O.K. until he falls into the magma, and Quake seals the fissure.
A day later back in the United States, Rhodey's condition has been reverted. However, Maria Hill berates the team for their performance and Mockingbird's revelation that she didn't take the files, having judged that nobody should have them. When Hill comments she will call off the scrub team sent to wipe out all evidence in Lingares to try to retrieve the files, U.S.Agent hands her over a thumb drive saying they contain the files. Maria fires the other members of the team. While they leave, Mockingbird approaches Walker, and their conversation reveals he actually gave Hill a blank drive to stall her while the scrub team destroys the files over in Lingares.
• Fighting for human survival against a robot revolution!
• When Ultimo arrives on the scene, will Force Works be able to band together or be broken apart by the Doomsday Machine’s onslaught?
• Plus, find out who’s really been pulling the strings in this epic series conclusion!
- Physical publication of this issue was temporarily canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and it was instead released digitally. It was later released in physical format on August 26, 2020.
- Marvel Comics Reveals Additional Release Dates for New Digital-First Titles. Marvel (27 May 2020). Retrieved on 27 May 2020.
- Johnston, Rich (7 July 2020). Marvel Puts 19 Missing or Digital-Only Comics Into Print After All. BleedingCool. Retrieved on 7 July 2020.
|Like this? Let us know!|