Appearing in 1st story
- N.A.T.A.L.I.E. (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Xavier King
- Numerous unnamed Chicagoans
- Arno Stark (Mentioned)
- Natalie Washington (Referenced) (Deceased)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Ten Rings (Mentioned)
- Wasp (Nadia van Dyne) (Mentioned)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Toy)
- Ronnie Williams (Mentioned)
- André's mother (First appearance; behind the scenes)
Races and Species:
- United States of America
- Hell (Invoked)
- Intellicars (First appearance)
- Outlawed (Mentioned)
Synopsis for 1st story
While accompanied by N.A.T.A.L.I.E., Riri Williams waits for Xavier King at the Greyhound Chicago Bus Station. They head home after meeting up, but the three are drawn to the rampage of a set of Intellicars. Despite being outlawed to suit up and act as a super hero, Riri manages to stop the rampaging cars with N.A.T.A.L.I.E.'s help, discovering in the process that the A.I. of the Intellicars had been corrupted by a foreign signal.
At her home, Riri discovers the corrupting signal was broadcast by André Sims, an intern at Stark Unlimited's Chicago branch. Despite N.A.T.A.L.I.E.'s insistence to stop him personally, Riri decides to instead report him, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Three days later, Riri approaches André at Stark Unlimited and confronts him about tampering the Intellicars. André denies the accusations, gloating that he wouldn't be reprimanded if they were to be proven, and reveals that due to Arno Stark's current program, Stark Unlimited reached out to solve the issues of the Intellicar's A.I.s, also opening the way for Stark to buy the Intellicar's company.
Back at her home, N.A.T.A.L.I.E. reproaches Riri for her approach, becoming increasingly aggressive and glitching out. She refuses to let Riri analyze her due to concern that she was affected by André's code, and disappears. While Riri vents to Xavier at his house, explaining the risks posed by barging into the situation by her new legal status, N.A.T.A.L.I.E. hijacks the Ironheart Armor and takes it to confront André at Stark Unlimited.
The Robot Revolution is in full swing, as is the Arno Stark–funded crackdown on artificial intelligence. That means that Riri Williams and N.A.T.A.L.I.E., the A.I. based on Riri’s deceased best friend, are in for a world of trouble. Can they weather the coming storm together, or will 2020 tear them apart?
- Physical publication of this issue was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and it was instead released digital-only.
- Riri is unable to suit up as Ironheart due to the events of Outlawed #1, in which legislation dubbed "Kamala's Law" was passed, prohibiting teenage superheroes.
- When teasing Riri for flinching when he applies rubbing alcohol to her wounds, Xavier King mentions that she has "fought ninjas and zombies with a girl named Wasp." He is referencing Riri's recurring confrontation with the Ten Rings throughout Ironheart as well as the specific events of Ironheart #7, in which Riri joined forces with Nadia Van Dyne to combat zombies created by Eclipse.