- You're right, okay? I am scared! You think I don't want to suit up? Because I think about it every day. I think about all the good that we've done, since I suited up. I think about what I lost before I put on that suit. But I know that if we get caught, or this glitch gets so bad you can't stop yourself from killing someone like André, I'll get arrested. And I can't put my mom through that. And worse, I'll lose you. I can't do it -- I can't lose you again.
Appearing in 1st story
- Xavier King
- N.A.T.A.L.I.E. (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Numerous unnamed Chicagoans
- Arno Stark (Mentioned)
- Natalie Washington (Mentioned) (Deceased)
- Chicago Police Department (Mentioned)
- Ronnie Williams
Races and Species:
- Hell (Invoked)
- Underage Superhuman Welfare Act (Mentioned)
- Ironheart Armor Model 3
- Iron Man Gauntlet
- The Forums (Mentioned)
- Intellicars (Mentioned)
Synopsis for 1st story
Riri Williams and Xavier King rush to find N.A.T.A.L.I.E. using an emergency tracker attached to the Ironheart Armor. At the Stark Unlimited Chicago HQ, André Sims deploys his drones to distract N.A.T.A.L.I.E. while he hacks into the armor and freezes it before preparing to sever her connection to it. When Riri and Xavier arrive at André's workshop, N.A.T.A.L.I.E. has managed to fight off his intrusion and has André in her grasp. N.A.T.A.L.I.E. and Riri discuss about the latter's reluctance to suit up and help the world. After Riri expresses her fears and the risks that now come with suiting up, N.A.T.A.L.I.E. agrees to return to her side, and hands her over control of the armor. André equips with a gauntlet and fires at Riri, accidentally blasting Xavier out of the window. Ironheart manages to catch him and return to the building to prevent André from escaping.
The following day, Stark Unlimited holds a press conference to condemn André's actions and he is forced to distance himself from the company. At her garage, Riri is surprised that no mention was made of Ironheart. Xavier explains the official story is that the suit that attacked André was a prototype of his. Riri also mentions she managed to fix the rest of N.A.T.A.L.I.E.'s glitch. After placing the Ironheart Armor in storage, Riri and her friends go have dinner.
• It’s Riri Williams vs. Ironheart as Riri’s trusty A.I. companion seizes control of her armor!
• Can Riri get through to N.A.T.A.L.I.E. in time to stop her from making a terrible mistake? Or is Riri about to lose one of her only friends?
- Physical publication of this issue was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and it was instead released digital-only.
- Marvel Comics Reveals Additional Release Dates for New Digital-First Titles. Marvel (27 May 2020). Retrieved on 27 May 2020.
|Like this? Let us know!|