Aa-Thak was a sorcerer who aspired to become the most powerful shaman of the Pict clans. During a conclave between the Pict tribes of Tathel, Aa-Thak challenged fellow shaman, Gonar. Before their magical fight would have a conclusion, they were interrupted by a raid from Atlanteans and the Picts went to confront their enemies. An Atlantean war band attacked the village to kidnap Dinaldo, a Valusian emissary, and Aa-Thak summoned Jaggta-Noga, demon-lord of the Lost Land, slaughtering almost all the Atlanteans. Gonar's powers had let him learn that one of the Atlanteans would be a important man for the future of Picts and Valusians so he intervened. With his staff, Gonar wounded Aa-Thak and then banished the demon back to his dark realm before he could kill the Atlantean survivor. This survivor would later in the future become Kull, King of Valusia.
- Aa-Thak was created by Robert E. Howard in "Wizard and Warrior" (adapted in Savage Sword of Conan #55), though its name was invented by Lin Carter, who completed Howard's unfinished manuscripts.
- 1 Appearances of Aa-Thak (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Aa-Thak (Earth-616)
- Media Aa-Thak (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Aa-Thak (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Aa-Thak (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Aa-Thak (Earth-616)
- Aa-Thak at the Marvel Appendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|