Adrian Toomes was an aerodynamics engineer who developed a magnetic air transport and presented it to OsCorp. Norman Osborn rejected the designs and four months later, announced that OsCorp was developing Flight Tech. Toomes was furious but Osborn refused to apologize for it, stating that Toomes did not have the credibility to prove he invented the system and that no one would believe that he, an old timer, could have done it. Toomes donned his flight suit, calling himself the Vulture and swooped in on Osborn, taking him hostage. Toomes demanded Osborn announce to the world that the flight tech was his invention, give him the money he deserved and issue and immediate apology. However, Osborn adamantly refused to do so and Spider-Man got in the way twice.
Toomes soon joined Doctor Octopus, Rhino, Sandman and Shocker in breaking out of prison and getting revenge on Spider-Man. The Sinister Six beat him the first time. The second time, however, Black Suit Spidey won.
When the new Sinister Six formed and tried to take Spider-Man down, Vulture was paired with Electro, but his paranoia from what happened in the last fight became his downfall.
Powers and Abilities
Seemingly those of Adrian Toomes (Earth-616)#Powers.
Seemingly those of Adrian Toomes (Earth-616)#Abilities.
- Vulture's Wings: Flight pack can be punctured until reinforced, also flight helmet can be torn off. Also, if one of his wings is destroyed, he can't steer himself in the air.
He prefers flying.
- Osborn called Toomes a buzzard but he misheard it as vulture.
- Similar to the continuity of Earth-616, The Vulture was the first traditionally costumed super-villain Spider-Man ever faced.
- 7 appearance(s) of Adrian Toomes (Earth-26496)
- 1 mentions of Adrian Toomes (Earth-26496)
- 7 image(s) of Adrian Toomes (Earth-26496)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Adrian Toomes (Earth-26496)