Iron Man is in Slovakia breaking up an arms deal between A.I.M. and Lucia von Bardas, involving Stark's advanced technology. He captures the A.I.M. agents and hauls them to the Vault, but lets von Bardas go free to give Dr. Doom a message from Stark that he's next.
A.I.M. was later responsible for performing an unsafe experiment on Simon Williams that would turn his body into pure ionic energy, turning him into the Wonder Man. Their base was then attacked by Thor and Wasp but defended by M.O.D.O.C until its destruction.
After losing to the Avengers once, they decided to get revenge by attacking Stark Tower using Technovore to consume all Arc Reactor energy readings. The Scientist Supreme had led the attack, and taken Pepper Potts hostage. Many A.I.M. henchmen were attacked by Captain America, Black Panther, and War Machine before being completed defeated after Technovore was overloaded and destroyed.
Equipment: Various A.I.M. equipment
Transportation: A.I.M. ships
Weapons: Various A.I.M. weapons
- 3 Advanced Idea Mechanics (Earth-8096) Members
- 11 Appearances of Advanced Idea Mechanics (Earth-8096)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Advanced Idea Mechanics (Earth-8096)
- 1 Media Advanced Idea Mechanics (Earth-8096) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images that include Advanced Idea Mechanics (Earth-8096)
- Organization Gallery: Advanced Idea Mechanics (Earth-8096)