- There's a life-sized statue of you somewhere, Landon. Oh, it's probably turned green by now, and nobody can read the name-plate... but never let it be said we forget our heroes.
Appearing in "Terror on the Planet of the Apes"
- Alexander (First appearance)
- Brutus (First appearance)
- Jason (First appearance)
- Lawgiver (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Terror on the Planet of the Apes"
Appearing in 2nd story
- Nova (First appearance) (unnamed)
- Marcus (First appearance) (unnamed)
- Icarus (space vessel)
Synopsis for 2nd story
- Official movie adaptation, part I of VI.
- This issue was originally printed in Planet of the Apes Magazine #1. While the original printing is in black and white, this issue is in color.
- The character of Nova is not to be confused with Nova (Richard Rider) or Nova (Frankie Raye). This Nova exists in a separate continuity from that of Earth-616 continuity.
- The character of George Taylor is referred to only as "Taylor" or "Bright Eyes" throughout the series. George Taylor is not to be confused with the DC Character George Taylor - the city editor of the Daily Star on Earth-Two.
- Marcus is one of the gorilla hunters that captures Taylor. He won't be mentioned by name until issue #2 however.
- Although Dodge is killed in this issue, his severed head makes an appearance in Adventures on the Planet of the Apes #3.
- John Landon is referred to only as Landon in this issue. He is not provided with a first name until his next appearance in Adventures on the Planet of the Apes #4.
- Additional information is based on material originally supplied in the 1968 Planet of the Apes movie.
Links and References
- Planet of the Apes article at Wikipedia
- Planet of the Apes (1968 movie) article at Wikipedia
- Planet of the Apes comic series index at the Grand Comics Database
- The Sacred Scrolls - a Planet of the Apes Wikia
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.