The terrain of Aesgaard comprised three separate zones:
- The southern lowlands were forested areas.
- The central areas contained a sizable tundra.
- The northernmost areas were mountainous and permanently covered in snow.
The local population were called Aesir. They were typically blonde-haired and blue-eyed. They were fierce warriors, though with a taste for nocturnal revelry. They were not unified politically, as each tribe had its own leader. They were a nation, however, through sharing the same culture and religion. Their supreme deity was Ymir. The Aesir maintained hereditary enmity with the Vanir and the Hyperboreans, while they maintained a long-standing informal alliance with the Cimmerians.
Following the path told to them by Maheeva, Conan and Veden Kamal climbing beyond the tip of Aesgaard over the frozen mountains to reach the Valley of Eternal Darkness and retrieve the Jewelled Sword of Tem.
Points of Interest
- Aesgaard is a variant spelling of Asgard used by Marvel Comics, used to distinguish it from the mythological Asgard.
- 9 Appearances of Aesgaard
- 2 Minor Appearances of Aesgaard
- 30 Media Aesgaard was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Aesgaard
- Location Gallery: Aesgaard
- 4 locations in Aesgaard
Links and References
- ↑ Giant-Size Conan #1; Conan the Conqueror - The Hour of the Dragon - Chapter One
- ↑ Supernatural Thrillers #3
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #30; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age Part I; Aesir's entry
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #200
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #142
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Handbook of the Conan Universe #1; Aesgaard's entry
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #164
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #30; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age Part I; Aesgaard's entry
- ↑ Conan the Adventurer #1; The Second Coming of Conan