The area received its name from its dominant tribal group, the Afghulis. They were traditionally outlaws who preyed on trade caravans and other travelers. They had a reputation of being fierce fighters and had resisted attempts of larger nations to annex them. The "perilous road to Afghulistan" became proverbial in the Hyborian world.[verification needed]
The wider Himelian region contained a large number of tribal confederations with similar cultural features, such as the Galzai, the Wazuli, the Zhaibari, and the Khuraksai. The Afghulis themselves were simply better known to the Hyborians.[verification needed]
- The Afghuli were created by Robert E. Howard in "People of Black Circle" (September-November 1934), adapted in Savage Sword of Conan #16 (December, 1976) to #19 (June, 1977).
- 4 appearance(s) of Afghulistan
- 6 mention(s) of Afghulistan
- 1 image(s) of Afghulistan
- 1 article(s) related to Afghulistan