In a twisted version of the world they knew, the inhabitants battle against the eternal mutant Apocalypse as Bishop seeks to repair the timeline that began when Legion, Professor X's own son, tried to kill off all of his father's enemies; however, when Legion attempted to murder Magneto, Xavier sacrificed his own life to save Magnus. As a result, Magneto cast off his anti-human sentiments and carried on Xavier's dream of peaceful co-existence, thereby founding the X-Men.
- This timeline was sparked by the events in Legion Quest.
- The entire event was lampooned in Marvel Riot #1.
- Though it may appear the other way around, this event was actually inspired by the script for "One Man's Worth". While the comic event launched in February of 1995, with the episode not airing until September of that year, the lead time required for the cartoon's development and animation, as well as the ongoing collaboration of creative teams prior to the episodes' inception indicates the "universally-altering effects of a time traveler killing off Professor X" was an idea that had its roots on the X-Men: The Animated Series before being adapted to comics.
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Age of Apocalypse (Event)
- 1 mention(s) of Age of Apocalypse (Event)
- 6 image(s) of Age of Apocalypse (Event)