Albert Potter was an embittered meteorologist who was fired for overspending and achieving no results. To prove his theories he flew an experimental weather control craft into a hurricane and tried to end the storm. However the Nethergods, seeking to create a foe for their adversary Merlyn's agent, Captain Britain, caused the storm to destroy Potter's vehicle and imbue Potter with energy. Unaware of the Nethergods' involvement, an unhinged Potter developed a suit to help him control his new weather-based powers, which he used as a super villain. Defeated by Captain Britain, he later gained new powers from medical experiments conducted on him by Dr. Samuel Merrick while he was incarcerated in Darkmoor Prison, which he used as a servant of the Mys-Tech corporation for a time after they had released him from suspended animation, fighting the Gene Dogs.
Eventually cured of his insanity and apparently of his extra powers (which had damaged him physically), Potter was released. He married, emigrated to America, but was unable to find work and considered returning to crime until the Fantastic Four convinced him otherwise.
After Civil War
Hurricane possesses a multitude of powers, which include...
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed: Hurricane can move up to 200 mph.
- Aerokinesis: By focusing his powers, he can create high-velocity winds and hurricanes.
- Atmokinesis: In the past, he had the ability to generate lightning, rain, and blizzards.
- Mind Control: At one time he exhibited some mind-control abilities after being infused with the DNA of a soldier ant.
Hurricane is dependent upon his suit to control his powers. Damage to the regulator pack on his back can cause his powers to overload.
Hurricane wears a battlesuit that protects him from harm and focuses his powers.
- 15 appearance(s) of Albert Potter (Earth-616)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Albert Potter (Earth-616)
- Mention(s) (or invocation(s)) of Albert Potter (Earth-616)
- 9 image(s) of Albert Potter (Earth-616)