Appearing in "Gods and Soldiers: Part One"
- Human Torch (Jim Hammond) (Main story and flashback)
- Roger (Jim Hammond's boss) (First and only known appearance; dies)
- Invaders (Only in flashback)
- Nazis (Only in flashback)
- Baron von Strucker (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed soldiers
- Hela (Only in flashback) (Mind-controlled by Nazis)
- Galactic Council (Mentioned)
- Millie (Diner waitress)
- Stu (Diner client)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers)
- Shiar (Mentioned)
- Skrulls (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- A piece of the Gods' Whisperer
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Winter Soldier's Bionic Arm
Synopsis for "Gods and Soldiers: Part One"
- Synopsis not yet written
“GODS AND SOLDIERS” PART ONE
• Eisner Award winner James Robinson (STARMAN, EARTH 2) returns to MARVEL, uniting with Steve Pugh (ANIMAL MAN, HOTWIRE, GEN-X) to create a unique, modern day take on the INVADERS.
• The KREE EMPIRE intends to conquer the universe using a weapon that will grant them an army of NORSE GODS.
• It falls to four heroes united by their past—CAPTAIN AMERICA, NAMOR, THE ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH and the WINTER SOLDIER—who must now face the future and wage war against the Kree to save Earth.
This story was reprinted in Avengers (Vol. 5) #27.