Appearing in 1st story
- Angel (Warren Worthington III) (Past)
- The Sisters (First appearance)
- Gabby (X23_4GAB) (First appearance) (Main story and flashback) (Apparent death)
- Bellona (X23_1BEL) (First appearance) (Main story and flashback) (Apparent death)
- Zelda (X23_2ZEL) (First appearance) (Main story and flashback) (Apparent death)
- X23_3PAR (Only in flashback) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Alchemax Genetics
- Taskmaster (Tony Masters)
- Director Chandler's son (Mentioned)
- Wolverine (Logan) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- United States of America
- Alchemax Genetics Laboratory (First appearance) (Only in flashback) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only) (Destruction)
- France (Mentioned)
- Paris (Mentioned)
Synopsis for 1st story
Two days after the events in Paris Wolverine arrives at Alchemax Genetics in New York where she is greeted by Captain Mooney who cuts her with a scalpel to see if her healing factor is working properly. She is then introduced to the company's director Robert Chandler, father to the man she saved from the assassin in Paris. He explains to her the danger his experiments, The Sisters, pose, as they are responsible for the death of multiple of Alchemax's scientists and Captain Mooney's security staff by having burned down one of their buildings. They are in fact clones of Laura with a few significant differences - they possess neither a healing factor, nor claws and - according to director Chandler - no humanity or conscience. The clones were made and trained to protect diplomats and humanitarian organizations but then seemed to turn against Alchemax. Wolverine promises to find them and stop them from killing innocents.
She is then literally picked up by Warren and brought to her apartment in the Bronx, where one of the clones awaits her. The clone explains that they want to kill her and her sisters and that she was the one to leave a note to Laura about the planned assassination in Paris. She asks for help before she runs away while Wolverine is distracted by a fire the clone set in her apartment.
The clone, whose name is Gabby, goes back to her sisters, Zelda, and Bellona, in their hide-out in the sewers. Wolverine arrives at the scene shortly after Gabby to talk to her clones. They claim to never have killed any of the innocents who died working for Alchemax but they are soon interrupted by the arrival of Captain Mooney and his soldiers. He thanks Wolverine for leading him to the clones and goes on to ignore her words and orders his soldiers to shoot the experiments. Laura and her clones are able to defeat all their opponents, yet the sisters appear to be shot down by Taskmaster, who has now arrived.
LAURA KINNEY EMBRACES HER DESTINY. HERE! COMES! WOLVERINE!
X-23 was created to be a weapon and for a time, that’s all she was. But with the help of her mentor, LOGAN—the original WOLVERINE—she escaped that dark past. Tragically, Logan has fallen, but Laura will continue in his footsteps as a hero. Recent events have her doing everything in her power to keep those around her alive, as violent forces are hell-bent on mutual destruction. If anyone can stop them, it’s Laura. She is the best there is at what she does. She is THE ALL-NEW WOLVERINE.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All-New Wolverine Vol 1 2 on the forums
- 15 Images from All-New Wolverine Vol 1 2
|Like this? Let us know!|