Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
I am gay.
Appearing in "The Walking Wounded"
- Alpha Flight
- Major Mapleleaf (Louis Sadler, Sr.) (First appearance)
- Joanne Beaubier (Only appearance; dies)
- Doctor Cahill (First appearance)
- Michael Sadler (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only) (as a baby)
- Invaders (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
Races and Species:
- Synthezoids (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Atlantean-Human Hybrids (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Guardian's Battle-suit
- Captain America's Shield (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Captain America's Uniform (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
Synopsis for "The Walking Wounded"
- Synopsis not yet written
- This is the issue of Northstar's coming out. After he adopts a baby, that has AIDS, he outs himself to help the causes of the cure for it.
- This issue is also the first appearance of Major Mapleleaf (Louis Sadler, Sr.). His son, Major Mapleleaf (Louis Sadler, Jr.) would later appear and become a member of Alpha Flight in Alpha Flight (Volume 3).
- This issue has a poster depicting Wolverine, Puck & Northstar drinking in a bar.
- In an interview in Marvel's Voices: Pride Vol 1 1 editor Chris Cooper was asked "What was it like working on ALPHA FLIGHT #106?" His answer: "One morning, after the solicitation for the book went out, I got my first call from a comic book store asking if Northstar was really coming out of the closet. After confirming the solicitation information, I turn to Bobbie to tell her. She tells me to report it to the publicity director. I go to the publicity director's office to tell her about the call. She asks, what happens in ALPHA FLIGHT #106? I tell her that Northstar comes out of the closet. She urgently asks to see a copy of the issue. Before I can get back to my office, my phone is ringing. She asks for six more copies. Before I'm finished making the copies, she calls back asking for six more. So, I'm making all these copies, but by this time, the book has already gone to print."