Al Capone was an American mobster, crime boss, and businessman who attained notoriety during the Prohibition era as the co-founder and boss of the Chicago Outfit.
St. Valentine's Day Massacre
Capone hired the Canadian Logan as a bootlegger, bringing hooch down from Canada to Chicago or Minnesota. He ran afoul of Al Capone, who was using Victor Creed as a hitman. Capone and Creed lured Logan to the site of the infamous St. Valentine's Day Massacre, which he barely survived.
On January 25, 1947, Capone died of cardiac arrest after suffering a stroke.
- In Earth-1218, his full name was "Alphonse Gabriel Capone" (1899-1947). He was nicknamed "Scarface", because of a permanent facial scar which he had acquired early in his criminal career. While working as a bouncer at a night club, Capone insulted a female patron. Her brother Frank Gallucio slashed Capone's face in retaliation. 
- Capone served as the boss of the Chicago Outfit from 1925 to 1931. He succeeded his mentor Johnny Torrio (1882-1957), who had been seriously injured in an assassination attempt. Capone was only 26-years-old when he became a crime boss. 
- Capone was imprisoned for tax evasion from 1931 to 1939, when he was released on parole. His mental and physical health had declined during his imprisonment, because he was suffering from neurosyphilis. He spend most of the 1940s in retirement. He died in 1947, due to the combined effects of a stroke, bronchopneumonia, and cardiac arrest. 
- Following Capone's imprisonment, the nominal leadership of the Chicago Outfit was taken over by his lieutenant Frank Nitti (1886-1943, term 1931-1943). Nitti committed suicide in 1943. 
- 3 Appearances of Alphonse Capone (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Alphonse Capone (Earth-616)
- Media Alphonse Capone (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Alphonse Capone (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Alphonse Capone (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Alphonse Capone (Earth-616)
- Alphonse Capone (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|