While Charles Xavier was touring Cairo he had his pockets picked by Ororo, a girl "trained" by Farouk. After catching her, Xavier was suddenly stuck by a psi-bolt sent from the possessed Farouk and was knocked unconscious. He awoke and entered a nearby saloon owned by Amahl. Farouk greeted Xavier and then offered him a partnership. Xavier refused and challenged Farouk to a duel. After a brief battle, Xavier mentally defeated Farouk; after that, Xavier took his leave from Cairo.
Despite his apparent death at Xavier's "hands", Farouk reappeared many years later as the Shadow King once more.
Although he had the New Mutants trust, Scout was suspicious of him and after warning her friends to stay away from him several times she was eventually forced to confront him. While they were alone he told her he still feels the Shadow Kings influence but it's weaker on the island and that he wanted to make sure these children could protect themselves. The next day Gabby was found dead after Magneto and his fellow omega level mutants terraformed Mars.
- Conscious Swapping
- Resembles king Farouk I of Egypt.
- 32 appearance(s) of Amahl Farouk (Earth-616)
- 2 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Amahl Farouk (Earth-616)
- 3 minor appearance(s) of Amahl Farouk (Earth-616)
- 10 mention(s) of Amahl Farouk (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Amahl Farouk (Earth-616)
- 26 image(s) of Amahl Farouk (Earth-616)
- 2 quotation(s) by or about Amahl Farouk (Earth-616)