- Not to worry, my friend. The Undertaker always deals in strictest confidence.
Appearing in "An Amazing World"
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Main story and flashback)
- Conrad "The Undertaker" Eisenstadt (First appearance)
- Mr. Vale
- Mr. Church
- Grace (Shiffman's Secretary)
- Fantastic Four (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Sub-Mariner (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Hulk (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Thor (Mentioned)
- The Burglar (Only in flashback)
- Crusher Hogan (Only in flashback)
- Mr. Goldman
- Uncle Ben (Only in flashback)
- Joey Pulanski (First appearance) (Face not shown) (Cameo)
- New York City
Synopsis for "An Amazing World"
The story started with Peter re-capping his very short career at this time including his origin and then a visit to his Uncle Ben's grave with his Aunt May.
A crooked furniture salesman trying to make a deal with May excused that Ben ordered some furniture as a surprise to her.
Later, as Spider-Man, Peter views the same salesman trying out the same scam on another potential victim.
Spider-Man then follows the man to a warehouse where he finds a group of men targeting widows and widowers for financial gain.
The group is led by a man named the Undertaker whom Spider-Man confronts.
The group of men are soon called upon, armed at this point, and the very first use of his Spider-Sense aids Spider-Man in dodging the gunfire.
Confused as to what just happens, Spider-Man begins to attack the group of men with his newly found Spider-Sense.
The men are caught and tied up in a neat little package for the police.
On his way home, Spider-Man helps out a couple in his first breakup of a hold-up or mugging.
The story ends with Aunt May viewing the news of the events on television as a mysterious woman telekinetically moves a tractor upon the top of an construction site seemingly amused at her newly realized powers setting the stage for next issue.
- The image on the TV of the Human Torch and Namor are based on Fantastic Four #6.
- The image on the TV of the Hulk is based on The Incredible Hulk #3.
- In this issue, Spider-Man discovers his Spider-Sense.
- After 33 years, the Amazing Fantasy saga continue with this issue, exploring the events between Amazing Fantasy #15 and Amazing Spider-Man #1
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Fantasy Vol 1 16 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from Amazing Fantasy Vol 1 16
- 2 Reprints of Amazing Fantasy Vol 1 16
- Chronologically, the last appearance of Spider-Man was in the second story of Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine #1.
- Chronologically, the next appearance of Spider-Man will be in Amazing Fantasy #17.
|Like this? Let us know!|