Warning! This comic has a recent publication date, thus the article below may contain spoilers!
Read beyond this point at your own risk!
Appearing in "The Sins of Norman Osborn"
- Order of the Web (First appearance)
- Dr. Ashley Kafka
- Juggernaut (Cain Marko) (Continuity Error)
- Sin-Eater (Stan Carter) (Main story and flashback)
- Sin-Eater's followers (Main story and flashback)
- Sigmund Freud (Referenced) (Topical reference)
- "Kindred" (Recap)
- Kraven the Hunter (Sergei Kravinoff) (Recap)
- Sasha Kravinoff (Recap)
- Grim Hunter (Vladimir Kravinoff) (Recap)
- Spider-Army (Recap)
- Inheritors (Recap)
- Avengers (Statue in vision)
- TNM (Mentioned)
- Lethal Legion (Recap)
- Gwen Stacy (Referenced)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Devil (Invoked)
- "Martin Li" (Only in flashback)
- Mister Negative ("Martin Li") (Recap)
- May Parker (Recap)
- Inner Demons (Recap)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Prime Marvel Universe
- Spider-Women's Suit
- Venom Symbiote
- Spider-Men's Suits and Web-Shooters (Main story and recap)
- Web of Life and Destiny (Mentioned)
- Kraven's Lion's Head Vest (Recap)
- SP//dr Suit (Recap)
- Spider-Ham's Suit (Recap)
- Superior Spider-Man's Suit (Recap)
- Pumpkin Bombs
- Goblin Armor
Synopsis for "The Sins of Norman Osborn"
As Julia speaks with the other spider heroes to stop Spider-Man from saving Norman Osborn, that although they are naturally solitary, given the unity of the their greatest adversaries, cooperation is vital for them. As Gwen doubted the mission, Julia reminded them of their dream visions: they each saw Peter die and they were powerless to save him. Gwen's vision was at the bridge, Cindy's at ESU, Miles' was set in Queens, and Jess saw Peter die at Avengers Mansion. By Julia's insight, Peter's death is imminent by Norman Osborn and the Great Web was compelling them to Peter to save his life. While supportive of the plan, Miles worries about Peter who himself still aims to save Norman. Cindy questions why Peter would save Norman from Sin-Eater, citing the T&M articles reporting on how he 'cleansed' the evil from the criminals he's attacked, and meaning Peter shouldn't worry.
Gwen interjects that, knowing the deep hate Peter feels for Norman, letting Sin-Eater do so would be a deal with the devil and having a price to pay. It is likely that Peter feels that whoever is manipulating Sin-Eater, is likely someone worse than Norman. As the choice is difficult, Anya asked Julia why not tell him about the visions and Norman with her powers. As Spider-Man followed events to a conclusion, it was upon him to choose a path, and as he made it now they must make theirs. Reluctantly, all are in agreement and swing to Ravencroft, now dubbed the Order of the Web. As they swing, Miles inquired Julia about her dream as everyone else shared; she witnessed Kindred killing Peter, but only mentioned it as "something worse."
Inside Ravencroft, Peter webs up the multitude of fanatics grouping on Norman, and pulls him to safety. As Peter explains his being there, Norman argues he is handling the situation since Pete could never really save those that mattered around him. Angered, Peter holds Norman to explain his rescue is more tactical, as he wants to let the fanatics take him, but Norman's running Ravencroft has a hidden plot to it; something Norman wants badly. Meanwhile, Sin-Eater and his fanatics move through the inside of Ravencroft, he 'cleanses' the staff on sight, working their way deeper inside and spared a guard for showing true bravery. However, he had cleansed Martin Li before the attack on Ravencroft, and used the Corrupting Touch to bring the guard into his flock of fanatics as the corrupted guard then killed his coworkers.
Norman leads Peter to his old cell, where he reveals it as a lead into his secret bunker. In the bunker, while Norman planned on using a secret inmate to fight Sin-Eater's fanatics, he panics upon finding them gone. Norman realized that as Doctor Kafka is the only other person with clearance to free them, he saw footage of Sin-Eater corrupting Kafka to release the inmate: Cain Marko, The Juggernaut. Juggernaut is slain and cleansed by Sin-Eater, now endowed with the immeasurable strength. Spider-Man attacks Osborn, who then reveals he was planning a counter to Kindred, aware of the demon and his rage against them both. Norman affirmed they are both now stuck together in order to survive Kindred's wrath upon them, as he reveals a fully stocked Green Goblin armory behind a false wall ready for combat.
• The Sin-Eater has leveled up thanks to Kindred, and his evil plan is WORKING — New York City is on fire at its own hand, Ravencroft is under siege and Spider-Man seems to be the only one who knows right from wrong anymore.
• He certainly can’t look for help from Ravencroft’s chief administrator, NORMAN OSBORN, whose past will haunt both himself and Spider-Man!
• So Spidey calls his Amazing friends Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girl and Madame Web in to help. The Order of the Web is born.
- Juggernaut had already lost his powers and was thrown to Limbo in Uncanny X-Men Vol 5 #21. After returning to the main universe and getting his powers back he had a different armor rather than his classic suit as seen in this issue.
|Like this? Let us know!|