Appearing in "...To Become an Avenger!"
- The Avengers
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
- Aunt May
- Daily Bugle Staff
- Mr. Wilson (the drug store owner)
Races and Species:
- United States of America
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Spider-Man's Spider-Signal
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Peter Parker's Motorcycle
Synopsis for "...To Become an Avenger!"
The Avengers have assembled and are trying to determine whether or not to invite Spider-Man into their esteemed ranks. After much debate and confusion, they decide to invite Daredevil to get more information. He shows up and gives strong praise in Spider-Man having seen him fight against The Ringmaster. After his endorsement, the Avengers unanimously vote to test Spider-Man, and if he passes, to accept him. Each Avenger takes off to find Spider-Man. Thor is the first to find him, and gives him 24 hours to show to the Avengers headquarters. Pete wrestles with the idea of being on a team in the public eye versus being self-employed and calling the shots himself.
Finally, he decides to take a chance and meet the Avengers. As he arrives, the Avengers are bogged down as to what test they should give Spider-Man. Iron Man tells him to get out of the way as they figure out what they want to do. Spider-Man takes great offense and figures that riling him up is the test so Spider-Man begins to fight the Avengers. Instead, they decide to have Spider-Man bring Hulk to them but Spider-Man leaves before they can explain why. As he stops at The Daily Bugle for refreshment, Frederick Foswell tells J. Jonah Jameson that the Hulk has been spotted at a gamma ray research center. While fighting the Hulk, he punches and a gamma ray explodes temporarily turning him back into Bruce Banner.
Spider-Man tries to explain his purpose there, but ends up wondering why the Avengers want a sick man, not an evil villain. He lets Hulk go and tells the Avengers he couldn’t be found. The Avengers didn’t tell Spider-Man that they wanted to help him, but Spider-Man feared he would lead Hulk to his doom. Pete, conflicted by the result, tries to tell himself it’s for the best.
Appearing in "Turning Point"
Synopsis for "Turning Point"
Appearing in "Unmasked by Dr. Octopus"
Synopsis for "Unmasked by Dr. Octopus"
- It is mentioned that the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in Europe at the time of this story. This happened in Avengers #31. At the time they believed that their powers were fading and they could be restored by reconnecting with their homeland.
- Daredevil vouches for Spider-Man, recounting their previous encounters in Amazing Spider-Man #16, as well as Daredevil #16-17.
- Spider-Man notes that the Hulk doesn't remember him from their last encounter. The narration states that was Amazing Spider-Man #14. However, Spider-Man also clashed with the Hulk again shortly thereafter, as seen in a flashback in Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America #4. The omission is obviously because Fallen Son was printed decades later.
- Although Spider-Man doesn't get membership in the Avengers, he finally gets membership in Avengers #329 as a reserve member.
- In ...To Become An Avenger! layouts by Romita, finishes by Heck.
- Also features reprints of Amazing Spider-Man #11 and Amazing Spider-Man #12
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 3 on the forums
- 3 Images from Amazing Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 3
|Like this? Let us know!|