Appearing in "The Web and the Flame!"
- Mr. Bellini, a movie director
- Richard Burton (Mentioned) (Topical Reference)
- Elizabeth Taylor (Mentioned) (Topical Reference)
- An actor dressed as Kid Colt
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "The Web and the Flame!"
While patrolling the city, Spider-Man happens upon the Human Torch apparently going on a rampage through the city. Spider-Man tries to stop his sometime ally, when he realizes that it's all a shoot for a movie. News of the battle between the two heroes gains national press and the movie studio wants to get Spider-Man into the movie as well and sends out a call for Spider-Man to come to Hollywood to be in the film as well. Deciding that his Aunt May can use the extra money, Peter decides to make the trip to star in the film.
After a brief battle with the Torch again, Spider-Man explains what he's doing there and the two agree to work together on the film. However, the two are unaware that their old foes the Wizard and Mysterio have teamed up, plotting to destroy their foes together. To pull it off, the Wizard uses his flame suit to pose as the Torch and attack Spider-Man. The furious Spider-Man goes after the real Torch and a battle between the two begins. Things are even more complicated when Mysterio unleashes his deadly special effect death traps on the two.
When the two heroes realize the truth, they go after Mysterio and the Wizard who retreat to a secret bunker. There they fight off more of Mysterio and the Wizard's creation. The two best them all and defeat the two crooks and string them up for the police. Afterwords, Spider-Man is bombarded with press about working with the Torch. Fed up with Hollywood, Spider-Man leaves and returned to New York as Peter Parker.
Appearing in "The Coffee Bean Barn!"
Synopsis for "The Coffee Bean Barn!"
A two page spread of Peter Parker's supporting cast at the Coffee Bean Barn.
Appearing in "Spidey's Greatest Talent"
Synopsis for "Spidey's Greatest Talent"
A feature explaining Spider-Man's ability to stick to surfaces, and the different things that he can create with his webbing.
Appearing in "Say "Hello" To Spidey's Favorite Foes!"
Synopsis for "Say "Hello" To Spidey's Favorite Foes!"
Another two-page spread, this one of Spider-Man's most recent foes: The Lizard, The Green Goblin, Sandman, The "New" Vulture (Blackie Drago), Kraven the Hunter, Dr. Octopus, the Rhino, and Electro.
- Certain elements in this story should be considered topical references per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616. Particularly the type of camera equipment and special effects technology used in this story as well as the appearances of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor.
- The Wizard uses a flame suit similar to the one he once used to pose as the Human Torch in Strange Tales #102.
- Mystery-Lovers! We've got a goofy new treat for you! All we're telling is that our liltin' leader, Stan (The Man) Lee scripted this yarn, Mickey (Ever-Delightful) Demeo did the inking, and adorable Jerry Feldmann did the lovable lettering! But, we're keeping the Penciller's identity a secret until the end! And so--