Appearing in "The Delusion Conspiracy"
- Anna Watson
- Gwen Stacy (Clone)
- Mary Jane Watson (Recap)
- Paris policemen
- hotel clerk
- NATO official (Only in flashback)
- United States of America
Synopsis for "The Delusion Conspiracy"
After being defeated against the Cyclone, Spider-Man returns to the hotel room that he and Joe Robertson booked as Peter Parker. There he gets a call from his Aunt May, who checks in on him. After finishing her phone call with Peter, May and Anna Watson leave to go see a movie. While walking through the city, May happens to see a woman who looks just like Gwen Stacy, the uncanny resemblance causes May to faint in sheer fright.
Back in France, Peter is attacked by the men who are employed by the Cyclone, they subdue Parker and demand that he turns over the money to Cyclone, who has set up shop in the Notre Dame Cathedral. Peter complies, getting the one million dollar ransom and heads towards the meeting place. However, he stops at a shop to get some provisions before changing into Spider-Man and swinging into action.
At the cathedral, Cyclone tells Jameson and Robertson that he created his wind making device for the United Nations until he learned that the technology in the hopes of selling it to N.A.T.O. however, when he learned that NATO purchased its weapons from the United States only, he was soon fired, and grew to hate Americans. After explaining his origins, Cyclone is attacked by Spider-Man.
After a lengthy battle, Spider-Man manages to defeat Cyclone when he turns on a giant fan that creates a counter-wind that causes Cyclone to crash into a wall, knocking him out. Spider-Man departs after freeing Joe and Jameson, and when his timed tape recorder (with a pre-recorded message to eliminate any suspicion that Peter Parker and Spider-Man are the same person) goes off.
Shortly after, the three men return to the United States. Upon arriving home, Peter finds Anna Watson waiting for him outside his apartment. He tells her that Aunt May is in the hospital, but he should go and see what's waiting for him upstairs. Running to his apartment, Peter is shocked to find Gwen Stacy in the apartment waiting for him.
- Spider-Man recounts how her battled the new Mysterio, who tricked him into crashing his Spider-Mobile. That happened in Amazing Spider-Man #141-142.
- Anna May mentions the tragic death of Gwen Stacy, who died in a battle between Spider-Man and Green Goblin in Amazing Spider-Man #121. The woman she and Aunt May see that looks like Gwen is actually a clone as revealed in Amazing Spider-Man #149.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 144 on the forums
- 4 Image(s) from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 144
- 4 Reprints of Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 144
|Like this? Let us know!|