Appearing in "If You Can't Stand the Heat...!"
- Dr Jerry Hong (Only appearance)
- Female Lab Assistant (Only appearance)
- Curtis Connors (Mentioned)
- New York City
- Newhope Memorial Hospital
- Fenster Pharmaceutical Corporation
- Peter's Chelsea Apartment
Synopsis for "If You Can't Stand the Heat...!"
Spider-Man is recovering from his battle with the Molten Man in a hospital, however, he barely manages to escape when not only the police but a bunch of doctors try to stop him. Meanwhile, the Molten Man himself breaks into a pharmaceutical company and forces a scientist to try and make a cure for him. She eventually complies, and although she administers a cure for him, it proves only temporary. Reverting back to his unstable Molten Man form, Mark Raxton goes on a rampage.
Having just been bailed out of jail by Mary Jane and Harry Osborn, Liz is sullen about her experience, when the police come and ask her to help them as the Molten Man is now holding the pharmaceutical building hostage and is demanding that she come to him. Peter Parker, returning home, also gets a call from Joe Robertson telling him to go and cover the situation for the Bugle.
When Liz goes into the building upon the Molten Man's request (who doesn't want to die alone), Peter follows in behind as Spider-Man. When Spider-Man blows his cover, it leads to a battle between the two enemies. Their fight sets off liquid oxygen tanks which puts Liz at risk when the building catches fire. Spider-Man manages to fight off Molten Man long enough to get Liz to safety. The Molten Man seemingly perishes when the building explodes. Mortified by what happened, Liz flees, leaving Harry broken-hearted by the rejection of his fiance
- Liz points out how the Molten Man thought he was dying in the past, as seen in Amazing Spider-Man #132-133. Although he seemingly perishes here, he resurfaces again in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #63.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 173 on the forums
- 2 Images from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 173
Links and References
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|