Appearing in "Green Grows the Goblin!"
- Glory Grant
- Anna Watson
- Daily Bugle Staff
- Jerkins - Daily Bugle Employee (Only appearance)
- New York City
Synopsis for "Green Grows the Goblin!"
Spider-Man crashes in on the Green Goblin, Silvermane, and a bunch of mobsters who are meeting at the World Trade Center. Spider-Man attacks just before the Green Goblin can reveal his identity. However, during the fight both the Goblin and Silvermane retreat. After beating the thugs, Spider-Man decides to depart.
Meanwhile, at the hospital, the doctors tell Mary Jane that they have to perform an operation on Aunt May, but cannot do it without authorization from the next of kin. If they can't get a hold of Peter soon, Aunt May will die. Peter meanwhile, returns to his apartment unaware of his aunt's plight and tries to resume his studies after a visit from Glory Grant.
Meanwhile, the Green Goblin returns to his hideout to taunt his hooded captive about his activities. As Peter gives up on his studying and decides to go back out looking for the Green Goblin, Mary Jane shows up at the Daily Bugle looking for Peter. Jonah convinces her to call Peter's apartment. Peter is just about to leave as Spider-Man when he decides to turn back and answer the phone. When he learns of Aunt May's fate, Peter tells Mary Jane to meet him at the hospital.
Rushing there as Spider-Man, Peter almost makes it when he's attacked by the Green Goblin. Unable to shake off his foe, the disorientated Spider-Man is caught in a specially treated bag and carted off by the Goblin, while Mary Jane waits by Aunt May's bed for Peter to arrive.
- This story goes into a great deal of the history of the Green Goblins. The facts:
- The original Green Goblin, Norman Osborn, discovered Spider-Man's double identity in Amazing Spider-Man #39–40.
- This eventually led to the Goblin killing Peter's girlfriend Gwen Stacy in Amazing Spider-Man #121 and ended in his apparent demise in the following issue.
- Norman survived, however, unknown to everyone, as explained in Osborne Journals #1, he will resurface in Amazing Spider-Man #412.
- Meanwhile, Harry discovered his father's identity, and that Peter is Spider-Man during the course of Amazing Spider-Man #123–134. This led to Harry become the new Goblin in Amazing Spider-Man #135–136.
- The true identity of this Goblin, and his hostage, is revealed in Amazing Spider-Man #180.
- Aunt May has had heart problems since Amazing Spider-Man #34.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|