Appearing in "Who Was That Goblin I Saw You With?"
Synopsis for "Who Was That Goblin I Saw You With?"
Spider-Man, Silvermane, and the Green Goblin are falling to the ground of the Radio City Music Hall. However, the Goblin recovers his glider, capturing Spider-Man and leaving Silvermane to crash to the ground. The Goblin then takes Spider-Man off to have his final revenge. While at the Goblin's hideout, Harry Osborn has freed himself and decides to go after the Goblin himself in a spare Goblin costume.
Meanwhile, the Goblin has taken Spider-Man to the factory where he disposed of the Spider-Clone, and the two resume their battle. During the fight, Spider-Man manages to unmask the Goblin, revealing him to be Harry's psychiatrist Barton Hamilton. Hamilton reveals that he learned of the Green Goblin's devices through hypnotic regression sessions with Harry, and fancied himself to become the new Green Goblin. Knowing of Spider-Man's identity he was the one that took the photos of Spider-Man disposing of the Spider-Clone.
Finishing his story, Hamilton and Spider-Man are surprised when Harry -- in his own Goblin costume -- attacks Hamilton. The two have a duel of Goblins when Harry finally is sick of posing as the Goblin, he tears off his costume and proclaims that the Goblin is dead. Barton then pulls out a small explosive and threatens to blow them all up, however, Hamilton stumbles over his own feet and becomes the only victim of his weapon.
Once all is done and over with, Peter Parker takes Harry back to his apartment, where Harry is happy to find that Liz Allen has returned to him, Peter decides to leave the couple to some privacy and walks home wondering when he himself will find true happiness like they have.
- The marquee at Radio City Music Hall advertises an upcoming show performed by Linda Ronstadt. This should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616, particularly since Ronstadt was forced into retirement in 2012 due to Parkinson's Disease.
- The Green Goblin reveals that he is the one who photographed Spider-Man disposing of his clone in Amazing Spider-Man #151. However, the clone wasn't actually dead. It will resurface again in Web of Spider-Man #114.
- This story also covers a deal of history involving the Green Goblins:
- The original Green Goblin, Norman Osborn, seemingly perished in Amazing Spider-Man #122, although he survived as explained in Osborne Journals #1 and will resurface in Spider-Man #75.
- Harry uncovered the secrets of his father between Amazing Spider-Man #123-134. He became the Goblin in Amazing Spider-Man #136-137.
- Although Bart Hamilton dies here, he is later resurrected years later, as seen in Clone Conspiracy #2
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
|Like this? Let us know!|