Appearing in "The Power of Electro!"
- Captain America (Steve Rogers)
- Daily Bugle Staff
- Robert Starr (Only in flashback)
- Mrs. Starr (Only in flashback)
- Barry Starr (Only appearance)
- John (a physician) (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- New York
- California (Only in flashback)
- Los Angeles (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Power of Electro!"
Peter Parker goes to the Daily Bugle to try to talk J. Jonah Jameson into giving him a raise, Jonah tells the boy if he can get into the town of Indian Point, which has been closed off to everyone, including the press, Jameson will consider the raise. Going to Indian Point, Peter changes into Spider-Man and is able to get past the roadblock to find that the town is filled with S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Sneaking through the city, Spider-Man is confronted by Captain America, who demands that the wall-crawler leave and refuses to explain the situation. When Spider-Man doesn't listen, Captain America ends up fighting him. After a brief battle, Captain America easily bests Spider-Man and convinces him to get out because his presence will endanger his life.
Captain America rushes towards the city's power plant, thinking back to the events that brought him here: How a few days ago in Los Angeles, where Barry Starr, son of movie star Robert Starr, was bitten by a rat and infected with the plague. In order to get him treatment the boy was put on a trip to New York, however, he was kidnapped along the way. Tracking the boy to Indian Point, SHIELD had quarantined the town in order to prevent any infections from getting out.
Confronting the kidnapper at the power plant, Captain America finds that the kidnapper is really Electro, who had kidnapped the boy as an additional money maker outside of his current job: destroy the power plant. Captain America doesn't fair very well against Electro, but is saved at the last minute by Spider-Man who had come back to help once again. The two turn the tables on Electro and tell him that the boy is infected with the plague. The visibly ill Electro panics and tries to burn the illness out of his system by taking on the full force of the generator in the power plant. Spider-Man and Captain America manage to escape with Barry just before the plant explodes, seemingly killing Electro.
After, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Barry are treated and brought before Dum Dum Dugan, who decides to report the incident as a "lightning strike" in order to prevent public hysteria.
- Dum Dum Dugan mentions the "Godzilla Affair". He was the lead SHIELD agent that was in charge of a SHIELD taskforce to stop the monster known as Godzilla as chronicled in Godzilla #1-24.
- Shooter is consulting editor.
- Plot by Wolfman and Starlin, script by Wolfman.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 187 on the forums
- 6 Images from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 187
|Like this? Let us know!|