Appearing in "New Ways to Die, Part One: Back with Vengeance"
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Main story and flashback)
- Harry Osborn (Main story and flashback)
- Front Line
- Randall Crowne
- The DB!
- Aunt May Parker (Main story and recap)
- Martin Li (Main story and recap)
- Eddie Brock (Main story and flashback)
- Vin Gonzales (Only in flashback)
- Carlie Cooper (Only in flashback)
- Menace (Main story and flashback)
- The Burglar (Recap)
- Electro (Maxwell Dillion) (Recap)
- Overdrive (Recap)
- Freak (Recap)
- Paper Doll (Piper Dali) (Recap)
- Kraven the Hunter (Ana Kravinoff) (Recap)
- Screwball (Recap)
- The Bookie (John Ladue) (Recap)
- Bill Hollister (Photo)
- Mei-Li (First appearance)
- Matt Murdock (Only in flashback)
- J. Jonah Jameson (Recap)
- Glory Grant (Recap)
Races and Species:
- New York
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Man's Utility Belt
- Spider-Man's Belt Camera (Main story and flashback)
- Venom Symbiote
Synopsis for "New Ways to Die, Part One: Back with Vengeance"
Spider-Man briefly recaps his origin and the new villains he is facing. In the present, he encounters and fights Menace. The villain bombs the side of a building, then escapes. Spider-Man sees numerous workers running from the building, and rows of hand-operated machines inside. He photographs these findings, and takes the pictures to Front Line's office. The staff concludes that the building was an illegal sweatshop owned by mayoral candidate Randall Crowne.
After Front Line prints an article about the scandal, Crowne meets with Norman Osborn. He asks Osborn to back him, and bring his team to the city. Meanwhile, the Thunderbolts are in training against replicas of the unregistered heroes.
Dexter Bennett orders Betty Brant to counter Front Line's article by investigating Martin Li. She goes to the FEAST center to interview Li, and is surprised to see Eddie Brock. They explain that Brock survived his cancer and was exonerated for his actions as Venom.
After being captured by armed guards, Peter Parker is confronted in his own apartment by the Thunderbolts.
Appearing in "Fifth Stage"
- Eddie Brock's Psychiatrist at Oscorp
- Eddie Brock's Doctor
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Recap)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Fifth Stage"
Eddie Brock struggles with cancer. He is miraculously healed after visiting the F.E.A.S.T shelter.