Appearing in "Rocked by..the Shocker!"
- George Stacy
- Kingpin (Mentioned)
- Joe Robertson (Mentioned)
- Anna Watson
- Mary Jane Watson (Mentioned)
- Lizard (Curtis Connors) (Recap)
- Martha Connors (Mentioned)
- Marty (First appearance)
Races and Species:
- Daily Bugle
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Lifeline Tablet
- Spider-Man's Suit
- Shocker's Vibro-Shock Gauntlets
Synopsis for "Rocked by..the Shocker!"
The Shocker has returned, and his first theft is of the clay tablet in the possession of George Stacy. After easily knocking out Stacy, the Shocker steals the tablet from Stacy's safe. He then finds his underworld connection and tells him (Rather violently) that he will sell the tablet to the highest bidder.
When Peter Parker learns of the theft he goes looking for his old foe as Spider-Man. He finds the Shocker and tries to capture him, but the Shocker proves too much for the wall-crawler and manages to escape. Peter resumes his civilian guise so that he can see his Aunt May off on her vacation to Florida. Peter also happens upon an article about Curt Connors in the Bugle and muses about his last encounter with the Lizard, and how great it would be to work for Connors. While Jameson, still recovering in the hospital is fuming about another front page headline that reports Spider-Man in a positive light.
When Peter later meets up with Gwen, they are surprised to see Flash Thompson is back in town on leave. However, when Flash makes a harmless flirtatious remark towards her Peter loses his temper. Which upsets both Flash and Gwen who leaves Peter to mull over his current relationship problems.
When the Shocker attacks his next target: an armored car. Spider-Man manages to defeat the Shocker and stop him from stealing the armored car's payroll. After webbing up the Shocker, one of the guards aboard the truck shoots at Spider-Man, forcing him to flee. Although he stopped the Shocker, Spider-Man finds it a hollow victory because Gwen's still mad at him, and he didn't get a single picture of his fight against the Shocker.
- Mentions are made of Spider-Man's last battle with the Shocker, which occurred in Amazing Spider-Man #46.
- Some elements in this story should be considered topical references per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616. Particularly the fact that someone on the bus Peter is riding on is using a hand held radio.
- Peter recounts his last battle with the Lizard, that happened in Amazing Spider-Man #45.
- This issue is reprinted in Origins of Marvel Comics.