- Together, our will will be made real. Together--- we will build a world without Sin.
- -- Sin-Eater
Appearing in "Sins Rising: Part Three"
- Carlie Cooper (Main story and flashback)
- James Beverley (Main story and flashback)
- Sin-Eater (Stan Carter) (Main story and flashback)
- Lethal Legion (Referenced)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- NYPD (Only in flashback)
- Ray Cooper (Mentioned) (Main story and flashback)
- Baron Mordo (Karl Mordo) (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- Kindred (Referenced)
- "Martin Li" (Shadow only) (Unnamed)
- Norman Osborn
Races and Species:
- United States of America
- Garden of Eden (Mentioned)
- Hell (Invoked)
Synopsis for "Sins Rising: Part Three"
When Sin-Eater surprised Norah Winters in her car, she shot him point blank in his chest, doing little damage. Instead of killing her, Sin-Eater agreed to an interview to record his manifesto: as his return by someone greater to cleanse the world, he needed the help of the people, which Norah later showed an apprehensive Jonah. Despite Jonah's stance against spreading Sin-Eater's message, Norah still posts it, with thousands of New Yorkers viewing it; learning of the video, Spider-Man is disheartened by some people's siding with Sin-Eater.
In the hospital room, Carlie Cooper recounts to Spider-Man the full events of James Beverly's return to life: upon awakening, he wanted to confess to his involvement with the Demons killing police officers. After taking his statement, an old detective friend of her father's arrived with two officers and, while she talked with the detective, she realized too late that he was occupying her as the other two were killing James. Carlie arrived barely in time to save him, and the officers involved would not be charged as James Beverly was declared legally dead. As Carlie blamed herself for blindly trusting them, she explains to Spider-Man that, because of her father's circumstances, she can readily believe how horrible some people become.
Despite Peter believing some people can be better than what Sin-Eater thinks, he acknowledged that people are not being brainwashed, but rather Sin-Eater is offering them a chance to unleash themselves and bring harm onto others. Spider-Man tracks Sin-Eater's patchwork confederacy to a greenhouse in Union Square, all offered the power he promised in an army of people out for blood. As a stranger arrives begging to be "cleansed," Spider-Man intervened to save them, but was overpowered by Stanley's usurped powers. Using his victory before his makeshift army, Sin-Eater taunts Spider-Man that he will be made to know how the civilians feel, and that his summoner gave him a name to target next.
Meanwhile at Ravencroft, the inmates riot in fear and panic. Nefaria calls to Norman Osborn, stating that he is next.
“SINS RISING” PART 3
• Sin Eater has leveled up and is looking for more sins to eat.
• His new target? A place with plenty of sins to go around: Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane.
• Spider-Man faces a conundrum he hasn’t faced before, and it is messing him up.
• We are one month from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN LGY #850 and it is going to be a doozy.
|Like this? Let us know!|