Appearing in "Sins Rising: Part Four"
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Main story and recap)
- Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
- Ghost-Spider (Gwen Stacy) (Main story and recap)
- Madame Web (Julia Carpenter) (As Spider-Woman and Arachne in recap)
- Spider-Woman (Jess Drew)
- Silk (Cindy Moon)
- Spider-Girl (Anya Corazón)
- TNM (Mentioned)
- Count Nefaria (Luchino Nefaria) (Mentioned)
- Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) (Recap)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Recap)
- Green Goblin (Harry Osborn) (Recap)
- Flash Thompson (Recap)
- Gwen Stacy (Recap)
- Mary Janes (Named only)
- Peter Parker (Recap)
- Web-Warriors (Recap)
- Devil (Invoked)
- Madame Web (Cassandra Webb) (Recap)
- May Parker (Recap)
- Mary Jane Watson (Recap)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and recap)
- Klyntar (Main story and recap)
- Human-Spider Hybrids (Recap)
- Wolves (Referenced)
- Prime Marvel Universe
- Ultimate Universe
- Spider-Men's Suits and Web-Shooters (Main story and recap)
- Goblin Armors (Recap)
- Pumpkin Bomb (Recap)
- Venom Symbiote (Earth-616) (Recap)
- Carnage Symbiote (Recap)
- Venom Symbiote (Earth-65)
- Spider-Ham's Suit (Recap)
- Spider-Man's Noir Suit (Recap)
- Spider-Women's Suit (Main story and recap)
- Web of Life and Destiny (Mentioned)
- Goblin Glider (Recap)
- Death of Spider-Man (Recap)
- Go Down Swinging (Recap)
- The Night Gwen Stacy Died (Recap)
- Grim Hunt (Recap)
- Absolute Carnage (Recap)
Synopsis for "Sins Rising: Part Four"
Sin-Eater's army massacre across New York, purging whomever they deem guilty of sin, whether amid their own ranks or civilians who are subject to the accuser's prejudices. Both Spider-Men fight off an influx of Sin-Eaters, but one of the defeated members preaches that his master targets the greatest sinner in New York: Norman Osborn. Alone, Peter tells Miles he is conflicted about what to do given all the tragedy and evil Norman has inflicted on him over the years, and how much he's come to hate him. Given the information about his prior victims, Miles suggested letting Sin-Eater "cleanse" Norman, while Peter refused to let him while still not knowing the full story about his motives or return. While Miles understands Peter's reasoning, he doesn't know all that much about this Norman as the one he remembers was back home and killed his world's Peter. Miles refused to allow history repeat across universes, and promised to help Peter. At Ravencroft, Norman dismisses the security captain's concerns for evacuating him with Sin-Eater's army out front and the patients acting crazed; alluding to a patient in a super-max vault as a "weapon" to counter the invasion if needed.
As Peter web swings to Ravencroft as Spider-Man, he pondered when his bad luck will end, or if Norman's has done so already. He then texted Ghost-Spider to meet him at a subway where he battled another group of Sin-Eater's army. After webbing them up, he contemplated the losses Norman inflicted on him, talking with Spider-Gwen about the night Norman killed his Gwen. Peter talks about how he swore to kill Norman for causing her to die, and wonders if his Gwen is still waiting for him to do it. Given how she is the closest thing to Peter's Gwen he can ask for advice, she tells him that despite how his Gwen died, she owned the choices she made in life, and advices that Peter make his choice for his life with how he wants to deal with Norman. Outside the front gates, Sin-Eater calls on his army to kill Norman and he disseminates his cursed powers onto them, charging on the asylum. Being escorted to safety, Norman's guard is knocked unconscious by Sin-Eater's forces and is all alone.
While asking him why it has to keep being Norman, Spider-Man then meets Julia Carpenter who comes to talk with him, guided by the Great Web. She knows Peter well enough that, despite his pain and hatred, he won't choose vengeance, nor will he allow Sin-Eater to "cleanse" Norman as the truth behind that is still unclear and sinister. Given all the lives Norman took, bystanders and Peter's loved ones, and how Sin-Eater could easily cleanse Norman to make him a good human being, Peter still won't allow it despite Julia's affirmation that Norman will kill again. Questioning when Norman would kill someone he loves again, his thinking of Mary Jane resolves him to charge Ravencroft, plow through the Sin-Eater's troops, and save Norman. Finding his nemesis, Spider-Man punches him to affirm his intent.
Outside, Gwen and Miles meet up with Julia, as they all hoped they reached him. Cindy and Jessica arrive with Anya, all of them seeing that Peter still chose to save Norman, in spite of past proof of the villain's evil repeating for future events. As Julia explains that Peter has now made the choice, their choice is clear: stop Spider-Man from saving Norman Osborn.
• Spider-Man has been pushed harder than he has in a very long time and in ways he has never been before.
• How far can he be pushed before he breaks?
• Who he has to face this issue is going to answer that very clearly as we are one issue from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN LGY #850!
|Like this? Let us know!|