Warning! This comic has a recent publication date, thus the article below may contain spoilers!
Read beyond this point at your own risk!
Appearing in "Last Remains: Part One"
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Main story and flashback)
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
- Order of the Web (Main story and flashback) (Possessed by Kindred)
- Spider-Girl (Anya Corazón) (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Woman (Jess Drew) (Main story and flashback)
- Silk (Cindy Moon) (Main story and flashback)
- Ghost-Spider (Gwen Stacy) (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Man (Miles Morales) (Main story and flashback)
- Madame Web (Julia Carpenter) (Main story and flashback)
- Dr. Ashley Kafka
- Kindred (Harry Osborn) (Identity revealed)
- Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
- Sin-Eater (Stan Carter) (Apparent death)
Races and Species:
- Hell (Mentioned)
- Paradise (Mentioned)
- Spider-Men's Suits and Web-Shooters (Main story and flashback)
- Goblin Armor
- Cloak of Levitation and Eye of Agamotto
- Spider-Women's Suit (Main story and flashback)
- Venom Symbiote (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "Last Remains: Part One"
Part of Kindred's intentions are revealed when it is shown that he's pleased about Peter's action to throw Norman to the Sin-Eater. Kindred then digs up George and Gwen Stacy's remains to set them up at a dinner table he prepares. Norman meanwhile attempts to beg the Sin-Eater for mercy only to be met with stoic silence, finally bursting into maniacal laughter and telling Stanley to get it over with. Stanley shoots Norman dead, but upon summoning his master though, his call to Kindred turns sour as he betrays Stanley, accusing him of being a hypocrite. As Stanley states he paid for his sins in Hell, Kindred retorts that Stanley was content with suffering for other peoples' sins but refused to acknowledge his own: which was that Stanley killed his own partner, igniting his career as Sin-Eater. Kindred then maliciously kills Sin-Eater, taking on all the sins he had absorbed.
Kindred manifests the cumulative sins into a demonic entity and sends it after the Order of the Web. In the escape pod, Julia told Spider-Man that she saw these events coming together, and how neither she nor Peter can stop the evils to come. The demon possesses the Order to hunt and destroy Peter, who attempts to flee across New York. A battered Spider-Man staggers to the Sanctum Sanctorum attempting to get medical attention from Doctor Strange. Upon recovering, a downcast Peter tells Strange about something that had occurred, with the doctor being upset that Peter made a deal with a demon and didn't expect any consequences. Aiming to help rectify the evil, as Strange inquires about the Order, a demon-possessed Silk invades from the window directly above them.
As Norman revives under Ravencroft newly cleansed of his evil, after telling the guards he needs no help, Dr. Kafka views his now visible evidence of villainy as more than ample reason for her brand of help. While Sin-Eater's followers are arrested by the NYPD, Norman pleads for her to help him find Stanley's master, "Kindred", who aims to enact a worse event upon the city. Despite the clear presence of his crimes and the description of danger Norman made Kindred out to be, when Kafka asks to know his reasoning for saving such a person, Norman answers that Kindred is his son.
"LAST REMAINS" STARTS HERE!
• THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN reaches another landmark and we're celebrating Spider-Style!
• Spider-Man just took the beating of his life and we're just getting started.
• Artist Patrick Gleason is back on AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ushering in the saga that is "LAST REMAINS"!
• Kindred is stepping out on stage for the first time and Spider-Man is not ready for the havoc that Kindred is going to let loose.
|Like this? Let us know!|