Warning! This comic has a recent publication date, thus the article below may contain spoilers!
Read beyond this point at your own risk!
Appearing in "King's Ransom Part One"
- Boomerang (Fred Myers)
- Robbie Robertson (Main story and recap)
- Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
- Randy Robertson
- Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) (Main story and recap)
- Baron Mordo (Karl Mordo)
- Hammerhead Family
- Owl (Leland Owlsley)
- Tombstone (Lonnie Lincoln) (Main story and recap)
- Crime Master (Main story and recap)
- Madame Masque (Giuletta Nefaria) (Main story and recap)
- Norman Osborn
- Normie Osborn (Mentioned)
- Kindred (Harry Osborn)
- Mr. Negative (Recap)
- Silvermane (Silvio Manfredi) (Recap)
- Diamondback (Willis Stryker) (Recap)
- Black Mariah (Mariah Dillard) (Recap)
- Daily Bugle
- Glory Grant
- Elaine Coll
- Francine Frye
- Lorina Dodson
- Carolyn Trainer
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Hell (Mentioned)
- Lifeline Tablet (Mentioned)
- Spider-Man's Suit and Web-Shooters
- Beetle Armor MK IV
- Instagram (Topical reference)
Synopsis for "King's Ransom Part One"
At Ravencroft, Norman tearfully fails to connect with Harry in his Darkforce imprisonment, while Fisk spies on their moment from his mayoral office, having bypassed Norman's privacy measures with security cameras. There, he commissions Baron Mordo to break Kindred for information, with the Tablet of Death and Entropy as his payment. Mordo agrees, but cautions Fisk as the process is likely to get ugly. Elsewhere, Spider-Man and Boomerang are fighting Hammerhead and his Gang at Grand Central Terminal for a fragment of the Lifeline Tablet. But as Boomerang gets the Tablet fragment, Owl and his gang burst in to the fray, attacked by Hammerhead's gang in desperation for the bounty, causing both gangs to shoot at each other. Seizing the opportunity, Boomerang escapes as Spider-Man uses his suit's features to the full extent and apprehend all criminals in record speed. However, he remembers that TNM broadcasted his skirmish on the livestream, causing hundreds of adoring fans to gather outside. With the streams of Spider-Man's hunt for the fragments and the combat with the growing gangs, Fisk's approval ratings drop exponentially as Spider-Man's own skyrocket.
Discovering Janice and Randy are in a romance, Robbie orders Glory classify the information she gained, while Tombstone is sickened at witnessing the revelation, abandoning his plan holding Randy Hostage. Robbie goes to talk with his son about dating the daughter of his sworn enemy. Randy defends being with Janice, and that both are not their fathers, but Robbie denies this and aims to expose her criminal activities for the law to arrest her. Hoping the stark truth of the matter will set him sober. Concurrently, Tombstone goes home and rages at his daughter, forbidding her continue with Randy, but she blasts an exit and leaves in defiance of his wishes. Afterwards, Peter talks with Randy about their relationship, while Janice talks with her Syndicate friends, explaining their first encounter. When Peter advises Randy establishes ground rules with Janice, Elaine and Francine advise Janice break up with him, given his good nature would have him force her to change.
After doing said talking, Janice gets offended at Randy's presumption of her reformation while he is offended by her still using systemic loopholes for personal gain. But before either can leave, Crime Master and his men enter to apprehend both, only for Janice to fight them off before Madame Masque blindsides her. Janice, distracted from fangirling over Madame Masque, is kicked unconscious and taken prisoner. As Fred and Peter count one piece remaining to find, they return home in time to find Madam Masque and Crime Master mid-abduction. When their bounty comes to them, Crime Master's men open fire and cause an explosion on the side of the apartment building.
• We all the know the romantic story of R&J! Star-crossed lovers, deep-seeded family enmity, tragic ending…
• Wait, who are Romeo and Juliet? We're talking about Randy and Janice! Yep, Peter Parker's roommate and The Beetle have been dating and that information finally gets out to their fathers…
• The Tombstone/Robbie Robertson beef has been brewing since 1988 and is back, big time!
- The meme Spider-Man refers to is Michael Jordan's "And I Took That Personally"
|Like this? Let us know!|