Mary Jane Watson
Appearing in "Sins of Our Fathers"
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Main story and flashback)
- Mary Jane Watson (Main story and flashback)
- Norman Osborn (Main story and flashback)
- Harry Osborn (Clone) (Main story and recap) (Origin revealed)
- Kindred (Gabriel Stacy) (As Grey Goblin and American Son in Flashback)
- Kindred (Sarah Stacy) (Impersonates Harry Osborn) (Identity revealed) (Main story and flashback) (Origin revealed)
- Harry & Norman Osborn's A.I. (Main story and flashback)
- Chameleon (Dmitri Smerdyakov) (Only in flashback)
- Mary Parker (LMD) (Only in flashback)
- Richard Parker (LMD) (Only in flashback)
- Mysterio (Quentin Beck) (Only in flashback)
- Robot Master (Mendel Stromm) (Only in flashback)
- Gwen Stacy (Only in recap)
- Carlie Cooper
- Green Goblin (Harry Osborn) (Corpse, skeleton or other remains) (Only in flashback)
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Demons (Main story and flashback)
- Centipedes (Main story and flashback)
- Life-Model Decoys (Only in flashback)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- United States of America (Main story and flashback)
- France (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Man's Suit and Web-Shooters (Main story and flashback)
- Goblin Armor (Only in flashback)
- Goblin Formula (Only in flashback)
- Mysterio Suit (Only in flashback)
- American Son Armor (Only in recap)
- Goblin Glider (Only in recap)
Synopsis for "Sins of Our Fathers"
With Peter returning to the Osborn cemetery, the second Kindred narrates how Peter is home again and guides him to a magic mirror which portals him to the Paris manor, while Mary Jane learns that the other Kindred's true face looks hauntingly like Gwen Stacy. Inside the manor, the computerized Harry reveals to Norman that years ago, when he hired Chameleon for the Richard and Mary Parker LMDs, he also started a genetic experiment to give Norman the "children" he always wanted, by hiring Mysterio and Mendel Stromm. Mysterio would hypnotize Norman and Mary Jane into creating the false narrative of Norman's affair with Gwen, whilst growing Sarah and Gabriel in test tubes with the lab tech provided by Mendel Stromm. Norman tries to reason with Cyber-Harry that the version he is was not real, that the real Harry died loved and as a hero.
Elsewhere, Carlie Cooper is confused finding Harry with his own corpse and tries to make sense of it with him. However, he realizes what had happened coupled with his fragmented memories, knowing where the truth leads and realizing he never came back from that ambulance ride. Mary Jane realizes that "Gwen" is Sarah Stacy's body, but Harry then corrects Mary Jane by elaborating how the Sarah and Gabriel she remembered were raised to believe a lie and take revenge by proxy, yet they were always meant to be vessels. But due to the genetic flaws, they aged rapidly and died, but they lived long enough when they met Peter and Mary Jane. Harry had repeatedly regrown and revised the twins' cloning and upbringings with the intent of making a stable new body, one to house his evil consciousness. Conflicted on her memories, Mary Jane learns from Harry that Mysterio implanted those false memories of Gwen being with Norman, while impersonating her therapist years ago.
Using the Chameleon serum to allow for the keeping of the Harry Osborn appearance, Harry shapeshifts from the default Sarah face into his original face, berating Mary Jane for staring at her sins coming back, reminding her of everyone she has let down. When American Son had last clashed with the other Harry, that was the last incarnation before the current final form, giving Kindred a stable vessel in Sarah's body which was now ready to enact their final plan. As Kindred concurrently stands over a beleaguered Spider-Man, Harry as Kindred is happy that he is "home" like Mary Jane, and how all the generations will be under one roof, ready for a reunion. Back at Hotel Inferno, Doctor Strange grows impatient with Mephisto's games and delays with the unfolding of events. But the demon reminds Strange that the game still plays, and that his wager still holds: the virtue of a hero for the corruption of a soul.
Appearing in "The Four Fives"
--> Other Characters:
Races and Species:
- 9/11 (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Four Fives"
After Peter gives a call to Aunt May telling her he'll visit in a week, he joins Captain America as Spider-Man to toll the bell, The Four Fives, in remembrance of September 11th at 8:45 a.m. As the bell rings across the city, New Yorkers pay respects from wherever they be. With the final toll completed and a moment of silence looking over the World Trade Center memorials, Spider-Man asks Captain America if he knew anybody, with a reply that he knew all of them. The faces of the servicemen and women of various careers, heroes honored by Cap's memory resonate as he remembers them. Their sacrifice never forgotten.
• We can’t tell you a single thing that happens here without spoiling just about every issue that comes out between the time you’re reading this and when ASM #73 comes out.
- Both Spider-Man and Captain America, alongside many other Marvel heroes, were involved in the 9/11 aftermath in Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #36 and Captain America (Vol. 4) #1. Due to the nature of Marvel's sliding timescale and 9/11 being a historical event, 9/11 has no longer happened before the beginning of the Age of Heroes (Fantastic Four #1), so Captain America wasn't deiced until after 9/11. His statement that he knew "every single of them" is allegorical.
- Kindred is supposedly revealed to be the villainous Harry Osborn, but transferred into a stable body copy of Sarah Stacy, having used Chameleon's serum to keep up appearances physically as Harry Osborn.