Origin and early years
Those hideous ancient things of evil were stated to be "otherwordly", from unknown origin (wild guessess including outer space, another dimension, and Hell), though they were also described as "beings from the stars", and as "horrific alien beings"
Rulers of Earth
They were the rulers of Earth a long time ago. They lived on the planet, built huge cities (including R'llyeh, rumored to be the "First Atlantis", known as the "Seventh World of the Ancients", as it was described in the Lemurian Witch-Scrolls), and worked magic in unimmaginable ways. They kept their servants in chains, letting them to live and die in their dark glory.
On the walls in the Tomb, in R'llyeh, their magic was carved into writings, which were theorized by the Logomancer to be the source of all magic of Earth, and to have been imperfectly copied in such books as the Darkhold, the Necronomicon, the Oracles of Zoroaster, among other mystic scrolls and books (see notes).
At some point in the past, the stars turned round in the sky, and the "things" were gone.
Additionally to the Vampires (vampirized Atlanteans, Lemurians, and other undersea peoples) and the vampirized Faceless Ones, the Aqueos included an unidentified "other" type, believed to be connected to the "ancient, otherworldly evil", the ancient "things".
The subsequent fate of those beings remains unrevealed.
- Those ancient "things" are seemingly inspired by two races created by H.P. Lovecraft and part of the Cthulhu Mythos: the Old Ones from "The Call of Cthulhu", and the Elder Things/Old Ones/Elder Ones from "At the Mountains of Madness". Among others references, the "things" are tied to R'llyeh and the Sh'g'th, obvious references to R'lyeh and the Shoggoths.
- Those beings could be the Ancients, or a group or race named that way, as R'llyeh was named the "Seventh World of the Ancients".
- They could also be Chthon and the Elder Gods of Earth, or a group of demons related to or including Chthon, as the Darkhold (and the Necronomicon, based on the former) is known to have been written by Chthon.
- 0 representatives of Ancient Things
- Appearances of Ancient Things
- Minor Appearances of Ancient Things
- Media Ancient Things was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Ancient Things
- Images of Ancient Things