The Andromeda Galaxy is home to a great number of alien species, foremost among them the Skrulls who are usually the dominant force of their galaxy. It is a galaxy with millions of inhabited worlds. The Skrulls have dominated the galaxy for tens of millions of years, though their dominance has fluctuated as their empire has gone through cycles of expansion, decline, and resurgence, making it the home of the oldest continuous interstellar and intergalactic empire in the cosmos.
At least once in the history of the galaxy it has been ruled by non-Skrulls, the Morani led by the warlord Wrogg. The first Cosmic Cube in the prime reality was created in that galaxy by the Skrulls, which ended disastrously when it became sentient destroying half of their empire thousands of years ago. Recently millions of populated worlds were slaughtered by the Annihilation Wave.
The galaxy was one of those attacked by the Builders during the Builders' War. Forcing the Skrull warlords to finally unite, with Kl'rt as their leader they joined the Galactic Council. Eventually the galaxy was liberated from the Builders who were defeated by the combined forces of the Galactic Council and the Avengers. In the aftermath the Skrull empire was reestablished under Emperor Kl'rt.
A million years ago the Xandarian civilization built a sentient super computer, the Worldmind which has been collecting the brains of Xandarians ever since. It also served as the custodian of the Nova Force, a nearly limitless energy force that was harnessed by the Xandarians. After the destruction of Xandar in the late 20th century, it's militia the Nova Corps transformed into a galactic wide peacekeeping force.
The Nova Corps were nearly annihilated in the first two hours of the Annihilation war, with only Richard Rider surviving.. They were later reestablished by the Worldmind, and participated in several conflicts. It temporarily disbanded upon the temporary loss of the Nova Force, but has recently been reestablished.
Points of Interest
|Star system||Planet||Species||Estimated population||Type of government||Level of technology|
||4.1 billion||Democratic republics||Extremely high, advanced psionic interstellar ships; advanced molecular-scale manipulation, transmutation and robotics|
||4.5 billion||Planetwide democracy||Interstellar ships with warp drive|
|Bawa Kawa||Kawa (destroyed)||Kawa
||58 (in starships)||Theocracy||Intermediate-level starships|
||4.3 billion||Military dictatorship under overall of Skrull Empire||High, superior to Earthling's but lesser than Skrulls, including warp-drive starships and weaponry capable of destroying planets with nuclear power.|
||409 million||Psychocracy||Inferior to Earth|
|Gabansa / Yalnot||Wilamean
||35 million||Feudal. The Gegku have great power and influence, but don't control the planet.||Comparable to Earth.|
||4.8 billion||Democratic republics. The Wilameanis control the planet.||Superior to Earth.|
||Gigantians (Eternals of Gigantus)
||A billion of billion or a quintillion||TBA||TBA|
||4.6 billion||Planetwide military dictatorship||Very high, warp-drive starships, force fields, vasty powerful weaponry; can shift their planet through hyperspace from a location to another|
||5 million||Planetwide technocratic dictatorshipVol 1 4]]</ref>||Advanced interstellar ships; vast solar energy converters|
||3.8 billion||Planetwide military dictatorship||Advanced high-power weaponry, warp-drive starships|
||11000||Democratic republics||Advanced interstellar ships with warp drive, teleportation, powerful weaponry|
||15 million||Republics dominated by major trading companies, mostly those dealing in hunting of space-dwelling beasts for commercial use||Advanced starships with warp drive and photon engines. Gravitic control. Sophisticated weaponry|
||2.8 billion||Worlwide democracy||Extraordinarily high. Advanced interstellar ships. Warp drive. Development of virtually limitless energy sources. Psionic technology|
||56 million||Tribal clans||Moderate, faster than light travel|
|Omacron System (Earth designation: Herculis)
||Ciegrim-7 "the Distiller's Planet"
||4.7 billion||Laissez-faire democracy||Incredibly advanced in distillation; they purchase ships from other planets|
||Uncountable due to rapid procreation||None||None|
||4.1 billion||Totalitarian rule by sole political party||Interstellar ships with warp drive, teleportation, sight-stealing ray|
|Subdivision 42913||Majesdane (destroyed)
||TBA, planet destroyed||TBA||TBA|
|Tarnax System||Tarnax II
||Skrull population TBA||Skrull Empire||Very advanced|
||569 million||unknown||Inferior to Earth|
||Eternals of Eyung
||A few indigenous lifeforms and 493 immigrated species.||TBA||Controlled by the Graces||TBA|
||TBA (Zero if destroyed?)||TBA||TBA (Apparently they had starships)|
- Base Planetoid (destroyed)
- Timor in the Varanus system (unconfirmed).
- Confirmed Skrull Worlds (purportedly meaning these are members of the Skrull Empire):
Other astronomical bodies:
- Moon, formerly orbiting Andromeda 9 (Destroyed)
Locations in other realities:
- Klyntar of Earth-TRN461 is confirmed to be in the Andromeda Galaxy; Klyntar of Earth-616 is "in an uncharted sector of space not on any known maps", later confirmed to be in the Andromeda Galaxy.
- Krystilla of Earth-829, inhabited by crystalline humanoids with space-travel technology; the planet was destroyed in that universe in the 24th or 25th century.
- Morag of Earth-199999.
- Pettoco of Earth-829.
- Tumbla V was only seen (and destroyed) on Earth-8417.
- Eternals of Eyung
- The following planets were initially ubicated in the Milky Way in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 (1983-1984). Vol 2 (1985-1988) corrected this by saying they are all in the Andromeda Galaxy, which has been the canonical statement ever since:
- Ciegrim-7, Omacron System, in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 #2; corrected in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 2 #15.
- Kakaranthara (Maklu-IV), Maklu System, in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 #6; also corrected in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 2 #15. This is particularly scandalous because Vol 1 6 also claims that Maklu-IV is a part of the Skrull Empire, which is in the Andromeda Galaxy, not in the Milky Way.
- Mobius, Lemivell System, in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 #7; also corrected in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 2 #15.
- Hala (Planet) (Star system Pama) was stated to be in Andromeda Galaxy in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 #5. This was corrected, placing Hala in the Greater Magellanic Cloud (known as the Kree Galaxy), in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 2 #7.
The Andromeda Galaxy has a diameter of 220,000 light years which would make it the largest galaxy in our Local Group of galaxies (the Milky Way Galaxy having a diameter of 150,000 to 200,000 light years). It has an estimated trillion stars within the galaxy, which is approximately twice as many stars as in the Milky Way Galaxy. Which would likewise make the Andromeda galaxy in the Marvel reality, the largest and most populous galaxy in the Local Group of galaxies (which include the Milky Way Galaxy and the Kree Galaxy).
- 105 appearance(s) of Andromeda Galaxy
- 18 minor appearance(s) of Andromeda Galaxy
- 21 mention(s) of Andromeda Galaxy
- 3 image(s) of Andromeda Galaxy
- 76 article(s) related to Andromeda Galaxy