After Eddie Brock decided to reform and try to make something of his life, he put the venom symbiote for sale at an auction to raise money for charity. Don Fortunato bought the suit to try and make a man out of his son, Angelo. Eddie warned Angelo of the risks involved in using the symbiote, but Angelo decided that anything was worth the risk to escape a life of constant ridicule.
Angelo quickly made use of his new Venom persona by attacking the school where Peter worked as a teacher and killed one of his former classmates. They finally clashed on the roof, where Angelo appeared to kill Spider-Man by apparently ripping out his heart, however his victim was actually an imposter attempting to profit off Spider-Man pictures. The real Spider-Man decided to stop holding back after this and the villain fled after his humiliating defeat. Seeing that Angelo was a coward, the symbiote detached from him in mid-air, and Fortunato fell to a bloody death-- Ironically since Angelo damaged them during their fight, Spider-Man's web-shooters couldn't work and he was unable to save him from the fall. Angelo's death had a profound impact on Eddie (as he was responsible for the symbiote) causing him to slit his own wrists in guilt and ultimately lead to his downward spiral.
Years later, Angelo's body was one of many dug up and relieved of its spine, adding his codex to the many who had been bonded to a symbiote. Devil Hulk had learned of him and his connection to Venom and headed to New York to get in touch with Spider-Man.
- Symbiotic Costume: Angelo inherited the same powers as Eddie Brock and the Symbiote including:
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Stamina
- Genetic Memory
- Offspring Detection
- Webbing Generation
- Constituent-Matter Generation
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation
- ESP (Spider-Sense)
- Immunity to Spider-man's Spider Sense
- Camouflage Capabilities
- Innate Symbiotic Skill: Angelo seemed to have access to the skills that Eddie Brock had taken months to learn, including invisibility, however due to his inexperience he was unable to use them to their full potential.
- Ironically, Angelo's name translated from Italian means "Lucky Angel".
- With the exception of Spider-Man himself, Angelo is the only host of the Venom symbiote to not have a protruding tongue.
- 5 Appearances of Angelo Fortunato (Earth-616)
- 4 Minor Appearances of Angelo Fortunato (Earth-616)
- Media Angelo Fortunato (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 11 Images featuring Angelo Fortunato (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Angelo Fortunato (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Angelo Fortunato (Earth-616)
- Venom 2 page at www.spiderfan.org
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|