- We are now, each of us, obligated to honor the Groot's sacrifice. We will do so by completing our mission and saving this galaxy.
- -- Mantis
Appearing in 1st story
- Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
- Groot (Apparent death)
- Rocket Raccoon
- Deathcry (Sharra Neramani) (Death)
- Captain Universe (Gabriel Vargas)
Races and Species:
- Human-Spartoi Hybrids
- Flora colossi
- Kree (Mentioned)
Synopsis for 1st story
Peter Quill and his ragtag band of expendable soldiers begin their assault on Hala. The team's goal is to destroy the Phalanx production facility which would seed the entire galaxy with their techno-virus.
During one of the first skirmishes with the Phalanx, Deathcry tells Captain Universe that if he steals another kill from her they will "death-dance". As they progress further into the Phalanx territory, they encounter more resistance and once again, Captain Universe defeats the enemies before Deathcry. She turns on him and without thinking, Captain Universe disintegrates her. Captain Universe did not intend to kill her and begins to lose his composure, but Rocket Raccoon snaps him out of it and helps him focus on the mission. The team faces an overwhelming horde of Phalanx machines so Groot sacrifices himself to their attack in order to buy the rest of the team time to continue their mission.
- 2 Image(s) from Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord Vol 1 2
- 3 Reprints of Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord Vol 1 2
|Like this? Let us know!|