In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
Not much is known about the being known as Annihilation, apart from that she is a dark god from the hellish dimension of Amenth and leader of its Daemons. There are many myths about her including that she is an elder god, a primordial force or the spirit of Amenth made manifest.
Thousands of years ago, her army exited the dimension of Amenth and emerged on Okkara, where her Daemons battled its mutant population, led by Apocalypse, his wife, Genesis, and their Four Horsemen. During the war, Annihilation tried to do a peace treaty with the mutants by offering a gift to Genesis but only if Genesis would pass a test first. Genesis seemed to easily pass the test but the gift Annihilation whispered to Genesis was not revealed. Eventually when Okkara was split into two islands, Arakko and Krakoa, Genesis, the Horsemen and Arakko decided to move to Amenth in order to hold off the Amenthi forces and deny Annihilation access to Earth by sealing the breach between the two dimensions.
As years went on, Arakko became a community for the Okkaran population, while Annihilation kept sending her forces to attack them and captured the Okkaran mutants who had been lost in Amenth to breed them with the daemons in order to produce powerful hybrids. After Genesis' failed years long crusade, Annihilation decided to hold a combat to the death for the position of leadership in Amenth. For that reason, she sent Isca, Genesis' sister who allied with Annihilation, to inform her about the challenge. According to the Summoner, upon Genesis' arrival the two fought with Genesis emerging victorious, but she refused to wear the Golden Helm, leaving the daemons to finally conquer Arakko, until Genesis took up Annihilation's mask and became its host.
- Possession: bound to a helmet, Annihilation requires a host to properly interact with the outside world.
- Hordes of Amenth: Annihilation was stated to have full command and control of the hundreds upon thousands of hordes of Daemons born on Amenth and can command them to do their bidding. Annihilation host's are also granted this ability once they put on helmet.
- Sword Combat: Annihilation is seemingly skilled in sword combat.
Host Dependency: Annihilation is unable to move or feel anything without a host to wear the golden helm. Furthermore, while the host wears it, their body will rapidly decay, forcing Annihilation to seek another one.
- The Golden Helm of Amenth: Once worn by someone, the power of Annihilation takes over their body completely. However, only individuals of great strength can survive the experience as it is shown that the dark god’s power can overwhelm the wearer and disintegrate their body.
- Annihilation shared many traits with SCP-035. Both being living mystical headgears needing a host to interact with the outside world, while the host's body decays and are both linked to eldritch divinity. It is unknown if the resemblance was coincidental or intentional.
- The name for the dimension of Amenth might be derived from Ament, which is an alternate name for a minor egyptian goddess of the deceased, Imentet.
- 4 Appearances of Annihilation (Amenth)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Annihilation (Amenth)
- Media Annihilation (Amenth) was Mentioned in
- 26 Images featuring Annihilation (Amenth)
- Quotations by or about Annihilation (Amenth)
- Character Gallery: Annihilation (Amenth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|