- Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (First appearance as Ant-Man)
- Doctor Hank Pym (Main story and flashback) (As Ant-Man in flashback only)
- Ant-Man's Crew (First appearance)
- Hope van Dyne (First appearance)
- Cassie Lang (First appearance)
- Maggie Lang
- San Francisco Police Department (First appearance)
- Ant-Man's Ants
- Mitchell Carson (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Pym Technologies/Cross Technologies (First appearance)
- Ten Rings
- Unnamed member (Only appearance; dies)
- Unnamed separatists (Mentioned)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Only in flashback)
- Baskin-Robbins (First appearance)
- Dale (First appearance)
- VistaCorp (Mentioned)
- Frank (Only appearance; dies)
- Ernesto (Only in flashback)
- Emily (Only in flashback)
- Carlos (Only in flashback)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Mentioned)
- Wasp (Janet van Dyne) (First appearance) (Only in flashback) (Apparent death)
- Ignacio (Only in flashback)
- Stan Lee (Only in flashback)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Mentioned)
- Bucky Barnes (Cameo)
- Leonardo DiCaprio (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
Races and Species:
- Crazy ants (Paratrechina longicornis) (First appearance)
- Fire ants (Solenopsis mandibularis) (First appearance)
- Carpenter ants (Camponotus pennsylvanicus) (First appearance)
- Bullet ants (Paraponera clavata) (First appearance)
- United States of America
- Washington, D.C. (Only in flashback)
- San Francisco
- San Quentin Prison
- Los Angeles (Cameo)
- New York
- Sokovia (Mentioned)
- Germany (Unnamed)
- Berlin (Unnamed)
- United States of America
- Quantum Realm (First appearance)
- Yellowjacket's Suit
- Ant-Man's Suit and Helmet (Main story and flashback)
- Iron Man Armor (Mentioned)
- Wasp's Suit and Bio-Synthetic Wings (Main story and flashback)
- Pym Particles
- Falcon's Wings
- Pym Discs
- Pym Particle Implosion Bomb
The plot of this film is unknown.
- Paul Rudd as Ant-Man / Scott Lang,  a thief hired by Hank Pym to break into Pym Technology and stop Darren Cross.
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne, the daughter of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. Animosity between exists between her and her father over the Ant-Man suit being passed on to Scott Lang rather than her.
- Corey Stoll as Yellowjacket / Darren Cross, the current CEO of Pym Technologies, rebranded as "Cross Technologies."
- Martin Donovan as Mitchell Carson, a figure from Hank Pym's past with connections to S.H.I.E.L.D. and Darren Cross.
- Michael Douglas as Ant-Man / Dr. Hank Pym, the founder of Pym Technology, inventor of the Ant-Man suit, discoverer of the Pym Particles, and the original Ant-Man. Dr. Pym distrusts super heroes due to something that happened to his late wife, Janet van Dyne, in the 1980s.
- Dax Griffin as young Hank Pym
Additionally, John Slattery reprises his role as Howard Stark. Gregg Turkington appears as Dale, the manager of a Baskin-Robbins. Hayley Lovitt appears as Wasp / Janet van Dyne in a non-speaking role. Stan Lee makes a cameo appearance as a bartender. Original Saturday Night Live cast member Garrett Morris makes a cameo as a cab driver. Comedian Tom Kenny provides his voice for a stuffed rabbit that Scott gives Cassie for her birthday. Youtube star Anna Akana makes a cameo as a writer who knows the Falcon. Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan reprise their roles as Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes, respectively, in a clip from Captain America: Civil War that serves as a post-credits scene.
Jordi Mollà shot a scene as Castillo, a Panamanian general Hank steals a microfilm from in the 1980's, but the scene was ultimately cut from the movie. Patrick Wilson, Matt Gerald, and Kevin Weisman were cast in undisclosed roles before departing the project in July 2014. Wilson's role was later revealed to be that of Jim Paxton, which ultimately went to Bobby Cannavale. Jordan Peele was also cast in the film, but had to leave due to scheduling conflicts at an unknown time.
- Edgar Wright was the original director the film, but he exited the project in late May 2014 "due to differences in [Marvel Studios' and his] vision of the film." Directors Marvel considered to replace Wright included Adam McKay, Rawson Marshall Thurber, and Ruben Fleischer. Peyton Reed officially boarded the project as its new director two weeks after Wright left, while McKay joined the project as a writer.
- The film wrapped principal photography on December 6, 2014.
- The film was originally scheduled for a November 6, 2015 release, was later moved up to July 31, 2015, and then to July 17 of the same year.
- Darren Cross refers to Pym's archived adventures as Ant-Man as "tales to astonish," a reference to the comic book series that introduced Hank Pym.
- Original Saturday Night Live cast member Garrett Morris makes a cameo in the film as a cab driver. Morris portrayed Ant-Man in the classic SNL sketch "Superhero Party."
- The filmmakers originally wanted for Scott Lang to work at Chipotle, but the restaurant chain didn't particularly like the context in which their brand would've been used. Before landing on Baskin-Robbins, Jamba Juice was considered.
- Characters from Ant-Man (film)
- Other things related to Ant-Man (film)
- Film Gallery: Ant-Man (film)
- Images from the film
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- ↑ Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel's Ant-Man. Marvel.com (19 December 2013). Retrieved on 19 December 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Michael Douglas to Star as Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man. Marvel.com (13 January 2014). Retrieved on 13 January 2014.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Yamato, Jen (26 July 2014). Comic-Con: Evangeline Lilly & Corey Stoll Join 'Ant-Man' Stars As Marvel Screens Very Early Footage. Deadline. Retrieved on 27 July 2014.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Perry, Spencer (22 June 2015). From the Set and Edit Bay of Marvel's Ant-Man. SuperHeroHype!. Retrieved on 23 June 2015.
- ↑ Penagos, Ryan (26 July 2014). Corey Stoll plays Darren Cross, aka Yellowjacket in #AntMan. He was Hank Pym's mentee before things got sour. #MarvelSDCC. Retrieved on 26 July 2014.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 Production Begins on Marvel's Ant-Man. Marvel.com (18 August 2014). Retrieved on 19 August 2014.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Stitch Kingdom (4 November 2014). Untitled photo. Twitter. Retrieved on 8 November 2014.
- ↑ Zemler, Emily (20 March 2015). Bobby Cannavale on Danny Collins, Meeting Pacino and De Niro, and Joining Ant-Man. Esquire. Retrieved on 13 April 2015.
- ↑ Kit, Borys (5 February 2014). Evangeline Lilly in Talks to Join 'Ant-Man'. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on 6 February 2014.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 Perry, Spencer (12 December 2014). New Plot Synopsis and Character Details for Ant-Man Released. SuperHeroHype!. Retrieved on 12 December 2014.
- ↑ Pape, Stefan (3 December 2014). The HeyUGuys Interview: Judy Greer on Men, Women and Children, Twitter and Marvel's Ant-Man. HeyUGuys. Retrieved on 5 December 2014.
- ↑ Marvel Entertainment (6 January 2015). 1st Full Look at Ant-Man - Marvel's Ant-Man Teaser. Retrieved on 12 January 2015.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Marvel's Ant-Man Red Carpet Premiere (29 June 2015). Retrieved on 29 June 2015.
- ↑ Ford, Rebecca (6 October 2014). Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Adds Martin Donovan (Exclusive). The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on 6 October 2014.
- ↑ Atlanta, Georgia Casting Call – Marvel Studio's 'Ant-Man' Casting Call for body doubles and stand-ins in Atlanta.. Project Casting (28 October 2014). Retrieved on 3 November 2014.
- ↑ Yehl, Joshua and Scott Collura (14 February 2015). Ant-Man Hank Pym Costume Revealed (Sort Of). IGN. Retrieved on 14 February 2015.
- ↑ The Deadline Team (2 July 2014). David Dastmalchian Joins 'Ant-Man', David Harbour Adds To 'Black Mass'; 'Ride Along 2' Taps Olivia Munn. Deadline. Retrieved on 1 July 2014.
- ↑ Keyes, Rob (30 April 2015). Stan Lee On Upcoming Marvel Cameos & Our 'Avengers : Age of Ultron' Giveaway. Screen Rant. Retrieved on 23 June 2015.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Marnell, Blair (31 May 2015). Ant-Man Trivia and Fun Facts. Coming Soon. Retrieved on 15 September 2015.
- ↑ Fleming Jr., Mike (27 February 2014). Patrick Wilson To Join Marvel's 'Ant-Man'. Deadline. Retrieved on 1 March 2014.
- ↑ Matt Gerald Lands Villainous 'Ant-Man Role; Kenneth Choi In Court For 'The Whole Truth'. Deadline (April 2014). Retrieved on 5 April 2015.
- ↑ Yamato, Jen (25 July 2014). Comic-Con: Major Cast Exits on 'Ant-Man' Include Patrick Wilson. Deadline. Retrieved on 25 July 2014.
- ↑ Hunt, Stacy Wilson. Ricky Gervais, Jordan Peele and TV's Funniest Actors on Failed Fart Skits, Louis C.K. Worship and When to Play the Race Card. 17 June 2015. Retrieved on 15 September 2015.
- ↑ Zakarin, Jordan (23 May 2014). Edgar Wright Exits Marvel's 'Ant-Man'. The Wrap. Retrieved on 23 May 2014.
- ↑ Siegel, Tatiana (30 May 2014). 'Ant-Man' Director Contenders Include Adam McKay, Ruben Fleischer. The Hollywood Reporter.
- ↑ Director Peyton Reed and writer Adam McKay join Marvel's Ant-Man. Marvel.com (7 June 2014). Retrieved on 7 June 2014.
- ↑ Reed, Peyton (6 December 2014). And that's it! Principal photography on ANT-MAN is now complete. The ants have left the building. Stay tuned.... Twitter. Retrieved on 8 December 2014.
- ↑ Perry, Spencer (15 October 2012). Ant-Man Gets a Release Date!. SuperHeroHype!. Retrieved on 15 October 2012.
- ↑ Ant-Man Moves Up to Summer 2015!. ComingSoon.net (9 September 2013). Retrieved on 9 September 2013.
- ↑ Strom, Marc (23 January 2014). Marvel's Ant-Man Leaps Forward to July 17. Marvel.com. Retrieved on 23 January 2014.
- ↑ Tales to Astonish #27
- ↑ Mallenbaum (17 July 2015). Here's why Ant-Man works at Baskin-Robbins. USA Today. Retrieved on 24 November 2015.