Anthony Coswell was a sugar magnate and philanthropist who lived in the Hawaii area during the 1940's. A prominent figure in society, Coswell also become an admiral in the reserve Navy. At some point, Coswell would join or organize a Fifth Columnist movement operating out of his sugar cane factory. There he would have his workers take the empty cane stock and fill it with explosive materials for the purposes of littering the ocean with seemingly harmless sea-mines. He also devised an underground docking place for Axis subs in the area.
This plot would be discovered by the Sub-Mariner who would have a difficult time convincing the authorities. The Sub-Mariner would sufficiently expose Coswell as a traitor to his country. Coswell would be arrested and his plot foiled shortly thereafter.
At one point Coswell used a machine gun.
While it is specified that Coswell worked for a Fifth Column movement, it is unknown which member of the Axis forces he was working for. Given that he was stationed in Hawaii, and had a hideout in the Japanese quarter, it's likely his ties were with Imperial Japan.
- 1 Appearances of Anthony Coswell (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Anthony Coswell (Earth-616)
- Media Anthony Coswell (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Anthony Coswell (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Anthony Coswell (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Anthony Coswell (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|