An injury bound Tony Stark requires being repeatedly charged with energy for the rest of his life, or else his heart would stop and he would die. He was able to recharge himself with an armored suit which he took advantage of by becoming a costumed adventurer, Iron Man.
Tony founded Stark Enterprises, and his company eventually developed inter-dimensional technology. At Tony's demonstration, Venom interrupted on orders from Dormammu and attempted to steal the inter-dimensional probe. However, War Machine and Spider-Man tried to stop him but were defeated after Carnage arrived to assist Venom. Venom and Carnage successfully stole the probe and delivered it to Dormammu. Since War Machine was too wounded to fight, Tony, as Iron Man, teamed up with Spider-Man and a reformed Venom to stop Carnage and Baron Mordo from releasing Dormammu. Tony then terminated the inter-dimensional project because of the danger it had caused, firing Stark Enterprises employee Johnathon Ohnn.
Iron Man was later summoned to an alien planet by Spider-Man to be part of his team, after the Beyonder proposed a battle between good and evil to see which was superior. In the end, the heroes won and everyone, except for Spider-Man, was sent back to Earth without any memory of what happened.
Powers and Abilities
Tony Stark has no powers of his own but they are derived from his Iron Man Armor.
- Iron Man was voiced by Robert Hays in Spider-Man: The Animated Series. Although he also voiced Iron Man in Iron Man: The Animated Series, the Iron Man cartoon takes place on Earth-534834 since Captain America is shown being an active Avenger, while Earth-92131's Captain America was still stuck in a vortex with the Red Skull until the Spider-Man Season 5 episode "The Six Fight Again".
- While the Iron Man armor featured in his own series was based on the Modular Armor, Tony's armor featured in Spider-Man: The Animated Series features the upper body design and coloration of the Telepresence Armor, with some additional parts in metallic gray (particularly the Modular Armor attachment points) for unknown reasons.
- 7 appearance(s) of Anthony Stark (Earth-92131)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Anthony Stark (Earth-92131)
- 11 image(s) of Anthony Stark (Earth-92131)
- 1 item(s) used/owned by Anthony Stark (Earth-92131)