Antillia was a chain of seven large islands in the Western Ocean. There fled thousands of Atlantean survivors from the Great Cataclysm. It was located southwest of sunken Atlantis and east of the land of Mayapan.
After the Great Cataclysm, survivors of Atlantis scattered on surviving islands, including Antillia, and Ptahuacan, which became its only city on the archipelago of Antillia, and its capital.
In Hyboria, there was telling of the "Seven Cities of the Antilles", made of brick of gold and streets paved with silver, though similar were told about Vendhya and Khitai, tales that proved wrong, while the Antillians themselves belived Ptahuacan to be the last surviving city of the Atlanteans on Earth. Both statements appear to be erroneous.
The Post-Hyborian Cataclysm happened circa 8,000 BC virtually erased evidence of the existence of society developed on Antillia and Ptahuacan (as well as on Avalon, Mayapan, Opar, Ruta, and Zothique).
Points of Interest
- Ptahuacan (only city on the archipelago, and its capital)
- 1 Appearances of Antillia
- 1 Minor Appearances of Antillia
- 1 Media Antillia was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Antillia
- Location Gallery: Antillia
- 1 locations in Antillia
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Marvel Graphic Novel #42: Conan of the Isles, Part II: Dragons from an Unknown Sea!
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Conan the Savage #10; The Necromancers of Na'at
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Savage Sword of Conan #30; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age: Antillia's entry
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Savage Sword of Conan #38; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age, Part VI: Ptahuacan's entry
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #1; Atlantis' entry
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Marvel Graphic Novel #42: Conan of the Isles, Part III: Gods of Light and Darkness!