Antoine Delsoin is the lead singer of the "Mercy Killers" goes by his stage name the "Hypno-Hustler". Antoine Delsoin was performing at the nightclub called Beyond Forever with his band, when he is caught by the club owner stealing from the safe. Antoine uses his equipment to hypnotize the manager. The band then decided to hypnotize the audience at their next gig into giving him their valuables and money.
Peter Parker was at the club with friends Harry Osborn, Liz Allan, Holly Gillis, Betty Brant, Flash Thompson, and his girlfriend Sha Shan. He saw what was happening so rushed to change into his Spider-Man costume. Whilst fighting the band, he discovers that Hypno-Hustler's headphones protected him from his own hypnotic music. Spider-Man removes Hypno-Hustler's headphones, causing him to become hypnotized along with everyone else. When the audience was free of the hypnosis, Spider-Man leaves the Hypno-Hustler and his band in webbed up for the police to find.
He was one of the many villains who attempted to capture Lily Hollister's, aka Menace, baby Stanley Osborn for Doctor Octopus. He tried to run and enter a police station, wanting to escape Spider-Man on a rampage against criminals, believing the baby was dead, having already taken down Diablo, the Spot, and Overdrive.
Powers and Abilities
His equipment has been upgraded by Tinkerer, as his goggles can now make others hallucinate their worst fears.
- Hypnotic Guitar: Antoine Delsoin developed a guitar which produced sound waves at a level where he could hypnotize people. He along with his backup band, The Mercy Killers, can perform mass hypnosis.
- Hypno-Hustler's Headphones: Hypno-Hustler's headphones protected him from his own hypnotic music.
- Hypno-Boots: Antoine Delsoin developed boots that can emit knockout gas on demand, and have retractable knives in the soles.
- 14 appearance(s) of Antoine Delsoin (Earth-616)
- 7 image(s) of Antoine Delsoin (Earth-616)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Antoine Delsoin (Earth-616)
Links and References
- Marvel Encyclopaedia: Spider-Man , 2003, p 100