- Oh, hey there, Agent. Sorry, I was just thinking about my world, my friends...my family. You know, my father once told me there's no way to get a good story, to do a good job, without embedding yourself in the dirt. It's definitely a mess out there, so...for better or worse... I'm your girl.
- -- Spider-Girl src
Anya Corazón, alias Spider-Girl, originates from the same universe as the "Superior" Spider-Man. Anya was born in Mexico but came with her father to the United States soon after her mother died. She grew up in Brooklyn and developed an interest in gymnastics, until one day, she saw a man being assaulted by a group of strange individuals. Anya jumped in to save the man's life but was fatally wounded. The man, Miguel, turned out to be a part of a secret group called the Spider Society. He was also a sorcerer, and he transferred some of his powers into Anya in order to save her life, gifting her with incredible powers that manifested through a spider-shaped tattoo. Assisting the Spider Society for a time, Anya eventually returned her gifted powers, but she managed to maintain her incredible strength and agility. After a fight with the Kravinoff family, the former Spider-Woman, Julia Carpenter, was impressed with Anya and how she handled the situation and decided to pass her old black costume to Anya who took on the mantle of Spider-Girl.
Spider Physiology: Anya possesses some off-shoot copy of Spider-Man's powers. The radioactive spider bite was in essence recreated in her, the complex mutagenic enzymes in spider-man's blood were transferred triggering numerous body-wide mutagenic changes within, granting her superhuman strength, speed, toughened flesh, and possibly numerous unknown arachnid-like abilities.
- 1 Appearances of Anya Corazon (Earth-12131)
- Minor Appearances of Anya Corazon (Earth-12131)
- Media Anya Corazon (Earth-12131) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Anya Corazon (Earth-12131)
- 1 Quotations by or about Anya Corazon (Earth-12131)
- Character Gallery: Anya Corazon (Earth-12131)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|