Powers and Abilities
Thanks to his mutant grafts and his equipment, Apollyon possess various powers including:
- Some fans believed that Apollyon could be Fantomex, due to multiple things:
- 1) Throughout the storyline, E.V.A. (Fantomex's external nervous system) mentions on multiple occasions how she and Fantomex were separated and how long it has been.
- 2) Conversely, Apollyon is driven by a unrelenting feeling of being "incomplete".
- 3) Ultimately when the two characters come face to face, E.V.A is wounded and her final words are a muzzled murmur of "Ffzzzzzannnggommzzzk??? Izzi That U ?" (which translates to; "Fantomex, is that you?")
- But all those points can be interpreted in as well sensed ways:
- 1) Fantomex could be dead, as simple.
- 2) It is clearly stated that Apollyon is the last of the U-Men, humans using mutant grafts, and himself clearly state that he wants to be made "whole" (or "perfect") using mutant parts or the Phoenix (like his blood), even stating "I was to be made perfect. [...] Must I remain broken, unfinished? Can't I have frontal lobe grafts? All my life I've dreamed of Phoenix grafts".
- 3) Dying E.V.A. could be having the classic pre-death delirium, seeing dead relatives, unrelated to Apollyon's actions.
- It was confirmed that Fantomex was dead and consequently that Apollyon wasn't him, in the New X-Men #155 "X-Pressions" section (letters page).
- 3 appearance(s) of Apollyon (Earth-15104)
- 1 mention(s) of Apollyon (Earth-15104)
- 1 image(s) of Apollyon (Earth-15104)
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.