The Aqueos was a vampire sect composed of at least three distinct supernatural races:
- Vampires, or Vampire Aqueos: Vampirized Atlanteans, Lemurians, and other undersea peoples, whose eyes was forcibly removed during the Ritual of All-Seeing.
- Vampirized Faceless Ones.
- An unidentified "other" type, believed to be connected to an ancient, otherwordly evil, the ancient "things" who woke in the aftermaths of the sunking of Atlantis.
The Aqueos are mostly Atlanteans (though it is a common mistake to consider them all Atlanteans, as some are of other races, including the Faceless Ones) who have been converted to Vampires. Legends says the first of them were formed of Sh'g'th tissue, created by beings from the stars.
They were thought to be extinct but have recently resurfaced. They have all the abilities and weaknesses of the surface living vampire. They can convert Atlanteans and humans into vampire much like their surface cousins. They have the advantage over the surface dwellers as sun-light can not reach the deepest depths of the ocean. Long ago they agreed to a truce, the Shallow Peace, between themselves and the Atlanteans.
The Aqueos attended the vampire gathering, which takes place once every century. They helped Xarus assassinate his father, Dracula. They allied themselves with the surface vampires and helped in the attack of Utopia, by attacking New Atlantis which supports the island. The Atlanteans try to defend their home, but even their elite team the Tridents were unsuccessful. Many of the members such as Husni and Husam were converted and joined the invasion. Eventually, most of the Aqueos were destroyed when Namor cast a ritual spell that added excess salt to the waters, purging them. The remaining Aqueos again fell under the detante of the Shallow Peace.
Gravity: Earth gravity
Atmosphere: Oxygen/nitrogen rich liquid atmosphere
Population: It is not known precisely how many Aqueos there are in the world today. The number is believed to be fewer than a thousand.
- The Aqueos and their creators, ancient evil "things", beings from the stars, are seemingly mirrored after the likes of the Shoggoths and the Deep Ones, creations and servants of respectively the Elder Things and the Great Old Ones. Among other references, the Aqueos are tied to R'llyeh and the Sh'g'th, obvious references to R'lyeh and the Shoggoths, while the Ancient Aqueos are known as "Old Ones".
- The Aqueos resemble the Creature from the Black Lagoon, but with vampire fangs.
- Discuss Aqueos on the forums
- 5 representatives of Aqueos
- Appearances of Aqueos
- Minor Appearances of Aqueos
- Media Aqueos was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Aqueos
- Images of Aqueos