The Dark Dimension was once was once a single massive plane, but was shattered into many planes during a conflict long ago, The largest remaining piece became known as the Dark Dimension. That status of largest and most aggressive dimension allowed it to successfully conquer and assimilate many of the Splinter Realms into itself, using mystic means to merge into a single domain, a synthesis of realities.
Before a passage could be found through the Winding Way and into the Archipelago, Raggadorr was though for centuries to be as far as a mortal wizard could travel without sleeping, dying, or be subjected so some sort of mystical transformation.
Bird-Men on Sephiroth
Upon arriving on the Planes of Sephiroth, after their banishment from Earth by Oshtur, the Winged Lord of Akah Ma'at's opposing factions of the Asura and the Seraphim secured an uneasy peace and built together the Citadels of Sephiroth, to serve as a line of defense against creatures from the Dark Dimension that would invade the Lower Realms.
Points of Interest
- The Winding Way (part of it and the passage to it)
- Planes of Sephiroth
- Dyzzak, the Dungeon Dimension
- Unnamed realm ruled by Malevolence, King of Pain, intertwined with Krakkan
- Unnamed realm ruled by Malevolence, King of Pain, adjacent to Farallah
- The Veils of Valtorr
- Unnamed pocket dimension ruled by High Seers of Nox
- Watoomb - Linked to Boreas
- Cloudsea - also stated to be set in the Inner Planes
- Boreas - Linked to Watoomb
- Limbo (Otherplace)
- Dark Dimension - Largest piece of the original Dark Dimension
- Rodann (Kingdom of Tazza)
- Shazana's Realm
- Halls of Fear
- Dream Dimension
- Realm of Madness
- Outer Dark
- Mephisto's Realm
- Thousand unnamed Splinter Realms, including Phemous', Hedron the Faceted, D'Spayre's, Molgotha's, Muranai's, Siffror of the Lifeless', Skarabrous the Stalker's, Inanna's...
Various inhabitants of the dimensions encompassed within the Archipelago, including the Asura and the Seraphim (Bird-Men of Akah Ma'at, in Sephiroth, Watoomb (in the Veils of Valtorr), the numerous demons, Goblins, sorcerers and such of Limbo (Otherplace) and of the many Splinter Realms and Dark Dimensions, and Nightmare (in the Realm of Nightmare).
- There is various overlapping of names and scopes between some realms and collection of realms:
- In one account by Ian McNee, the Archipelago of Anguish and Redemption is stated to encompass the Splinter Realms/Dark Dimensions, while another, by Ian McNee as well, mentions the Archipelago being also known as the Splinter Realms, the Dark Dimensions, and the Dark Dimension (the original Dark Dimension, which was shattered in many parts, Dormammu's realm retaining the name).
- The first account listed as part of the Archipelago but outside the Splinter Realms included the Winding Way, the Citadels of Sephiroth, Dyzakk, the Veils of Valtorr, Watoomb, Cloudsea, Boreas, Limbo (Otherplace), and Nightmare. All of those, save for Cloudsea (see below), and others are added in the second accounts in the listing of the Splinter Realms/Archipelago.
- Cloudsea was listed as one of the Inner Planes in the second account.
- 2 appearance(s) of Archipelago of Anguish and Redemption
- 2 mention(s) of Archipelago of Anguish and Redemption
- 1 image(s) of Archipelago of Anguish and Redemption
- 37 article(s) related to Archipelago of Anguish and Redemption