Needing funds to continue his research, Arnim Zola presented his first invention, the creation of device that would transfer someone's essence to a cloned body, to Adolf Hitler, who agreed to become his patron. This device and partnership allowed Hitler to survive World War II as the Hate-Monger. Zola also used it on himself, not only allowing him to survive into modern times but to also replace his normally frail body with a stronger, android one. This robot body allowed bipedal movement and projected an image of his original face on a screen located on its chest.
- ESP Box: The top of the body he installed the ESP Box. This device allows him to mentally control his various genetic creations by means of the ESP Box mounted atop his torso and surgically attached to his central nervous system. Although most of the creatures possess limited intelligence and the capacity for creative thought, Zola can override their mental processes if he so desires. The ESP Box is a retractable device that can convert brain waves into electronic signals for transmission as telepathic commands within ordinary radio range. Normally, Zola is capable of controlling only his own organic creations, but if he remains linked to his support equipment, he can stimulate his own mental power to such a degree that he can create a psychokinetic network able to animate inorganic matter within radio range. Zola is unable to control natural organic life. The ESP Box also provides Zola with the following powers:
- Mind Control
- Mind Ray
- Mind Transfer
After a fight with Bucky who at the time was Captain America. Arnim Zola transferred the Red Skull's mind out of Aleksander Lukin's body and into one of his own spare android forms as a temporary measure. Shortly afterwards, Lukin was killed by Sharon Carter and Zola was seemingly destroyed. The Red Skull remained trapped in Zola's spare body for sometime.
A flawed copy of Arnim Zola's consciousness stuck in a single robot body. He was recruited to the Shadow Council at some point, and faced members of the Secret Avengers when they investigated the Shadow Council's mining operations inside of a "bad continuum", a malformed reality. Defeated by the Avengers, his final fate is unknown. 
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
Arnim Zola continued to work for the Allies, eventually becoming part of S.H.I.E.L.D. upon the organization's formation. After receiving a "terminal diagnosis" in 1972, Zola found a way to preserve his brain patterns via computer tape, and transcended death as an artificial intelligence. In the present day, Captain America and Black Widow discovered the secret complex within a bunker at Camp Lehigh where the computers containing Zola are kept, and learned from him that Hydra still existed as a conspiracy with a major branch within S.H.I.E.L.D.
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999) (Apocryphal)
Eventually; Zola said that he transferred his mind into a robot. Captain America fought him around four times, every time in his robot form. In fact, Zola didn't transfer his mind into a robot, but instead used a video camera on his face placed it on the robot.
Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)
Arnim Zola was a Nazi biochemist, who was killed in an attack on his lab by Captain America. Zola did not die and the O.S.S. rescued him so as to harvest his intellect on the post-war super soldier program. Later they mapped his brain and created an artificial intelligence out of it before the tumors he had could degrade his mind. A short time before the Liberators attacked the United States, a white survivalist group called the "Marauders" attacked the military base where Arnim Zola's A.I. was being held and stole it, along with some other weaponry. Arnim Zola was then able to convince the leader of the "Marauders" to allow Zola to commence experiments on him. Zola mutated the man until he was approximately 20-foot (6.1 m) tall and installed armor plating (and Zola's AI brain) on him with a hologram of Zola projected from the chest and was called "Uber-Siegsoldat". He then took over the "Marauders" and got them to gather people for his experiments.Captain America and the Falcon were sent after him and were able to defeat him by freeing the people he had kidnapped, who promptly tore apart his body, whereupon Captain America collapsed a support strut onto the Zola A.I.. 
- When Arnim Zola makes his first appearance in Captain America: The First Avenger his face distorted through a lens, an homage to the comic version whose face is projected onto a screen.
- 82 appearance(s) of Arnim Zola's Robotic Body
- 13 minor appearance(s) of Arnim Zola's Robotic Body
- 3 mention(s) of Arnim Zola's Robotic Body
- 40 image(s) of Arnim Zola's Robotic Body