Appearing in "New Ways to Die, Part One: Back with Vengeance"
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Main story and flashback)
- Harry Osborn (Main story and flashback)
- Daily Bugle
- Betty Brant (Main story and flashback)
- Aunt May Parker (Main story and flashback)
- Vin Gonzales (Only in flashback)
- Carlie Cooper (Only in flashback)
- Lily Hollister (Only in flashback)
- Menace (Main story and flashback)
- The Burglar (Only in flashback)
- Electro (Maxwell Dillion) (Only in flashback)
- Overdrive (Only in flashback)
- Freak (Only in flashback)
- Paper Doll (Piper Dali) (Only in flashback)
- Kraven the Hunter (Ana Kravinoff) (Only in flashback)
- Screwball (Only in flashback)
- The Bookie (John Ladue) (Only in flashback)
- Dexter Bennett (Main story and flashback)
- Eddie Brock (Main story and flashback)
- Martin Li (Main story and flashback)
- Bill Hollister (Photo)
- Mei-Li (First appearance)
- Sally Floyd
- Randall Crowne
- Matt Murdock (Only in flashback)
- J. Jonah Jameson (Only in flashback)
- Glory Grant (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- New York
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Man's Utility Belt
- Spider-Man's Belt Camera (Main story and flashback)
- Venom Symbiote
Synopsis for "New Ways to Die, Part One: Back with Vengeance"
Spider-Man briefly outlines his origin and the new villains he is facing. Meanwhile Norman Osborn is seen talking to Randall Crowne and the Thunderbolts are in training against replicas of the unregistered heroes.
After being captured by armed guards, Spider-Man is confronted in his own apartment by the Thunderbolts.
Appearing in "Part Three of...Brand New Secret Invasion"
- Walter Declun (Photo)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Part Three of...Brand New Secret Invasion"
Appearing in "Down and Downer"
- Sphinx (Shadow only)
- Dreadnoughts (Destroyed)
- Sinister Syndicate
- Justin Hammer
- Jonas Hale
- Carlton Drake
- Speedball (Mentioned)
- Carla (Dreadnought controller) (Only appearance)
- Frank (Dreadnought controller) (Only appearance)
- Margaret (Target Technologies programmer) (Only appearance)
- New Warrior's Chopper
Synopsis for "Down and Downer"
This story is continued from Amazing Spider-Man Annual #26
Investigating the activities of Target Technologies in New Jersey, Spider-Man, Nova, and Namorita find themselves confronted by the latest models of Dreadnaughts. The robots are armed with the newest in liquid, solid, and gas weapons.[Continuity 1] The trio are having trouble fending off these robots until Silhouette, Night Thrasher, and Firestar arrive to lend a hand. After taking down the Dreadnaughts, Spider-Man asks how Night Thrasher and the others found them. Thrasher explains that he was looking into the kidnapping of his teammate Speedball. Tracking Speedball's unique energy signature brought them to the Target Technologies facility. As they take down the rest of the robots, Spider-Man realizes that they are dealing with Advanced Idea Mechanics, the criminal science organization. As the New Warriors struggle to stop the robots, Spider-Man notices that the Dreadnaughts seem to be particularly sensitive to Firestar's microwave powers. Noticing antennae on the robots heads, Spider-Man decides to investigate. Going through the ventilation systems, the wall-crawler finds the technicians operating the Dreadnaughts. Spider-Man ambushes the technicians and destroys their control computers.
Without human control, the Dreadnaughts begin going berserk, allowing the New Warriors to easily destroy them. With the robots destroyed, Spider-Man returns to the New Warriors and points out since they made a connection between the attack on the town of Fortune, Target Technologies, and Speedball's disappearance he suggests that they check out the administration building. When they enter the facility they stop one of the staff from dumping all the data from their computers. Nova pulls her away and allows Night Thrasher to try and learn what he can. He discovers that the wave cannon was developed for a private installation in upstate New York. Before he can get any additional information, a failsafe built into the computer wipes out the rest of the data. While at a private meeting room among some of the haeds of the world's leading corporations, a status report is being made on the debacle at Target Technologies. Learning that Spider-Man and the New Warriors may have learned the location of their secret lab. Their mysterious benefactor asks the others if they have any suggestions on how to deal with this latest development. That's when Justin Hammer speaks up, offering to enlist his super-powered operatives to defend the lab.
Meanwhile, Spider-Man and the New Warriors are heading to the lab in the New Warrior's helicopter. On the way, Spider-Man feels like they will never be able to stop such a large organization like AIM. Silouhette points out that she lost the use of her legs thanks to criminals. Instead of giving into the grief and pain, she decided to use her powers to try and stop as much evil as she can.[Continuity 2] When they arrive outside the facility, which turns out to be what appears to be a cow pasture. Thinking this is a waste of time, Nova accidentally sets off the perimeter security. Ambushed by the various defenses, most of the heroes are separated by the various traps and trap doors in the ground, leaving only Spider-Man and Silouhette on the battlefield. Recovering from the assault, the pair looks for a secret access in order to infiltrate the facility. While inside, Night Thrasher, Firestar, as well as Nova and Namorita begin looking around the facility. Back at the boardroom, the masterminds behind this scheme are satisfied that everything is going according to plan. Justin Hammer contacts his operatives and orders them to earn their pay. In one room, Nova and Namorita find themselves confronted by Discus, Speed Demon and Beetle, while in another Night Thrasher faces Blacklash and Boomerang. In a third room, Firestar is ambushed by Hydro-Man and Constrictor. Lastly, Spider-Man and Silouhette find themselves face-to-face with the Rhino, Bombshell, and Stiletto.
This story is continued in Web of Spider-Man Annual #8.
- This is a UK title that features reprints of American Spider-Man titles.
- ↑ Spider-Man says that "Ralph Nader is going to hear about this". This should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616.
- ↑ Silhouette was paralyzed by a bullet to the spine, as revealed in New Warriors #2.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Astonishing Spider-Man Vol 3 13 on the forums
- 1 Images from Astonishing Spider-Man Vol 3 13
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|